Subaru 3.0R Auto

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Andy, we had a days test drive in the Subaru 3.0 R which was hugely entertaining. We found the car a but frantic as it delivered its power at high revs and we averaged only 24mpg solo. Even driving gently the consumption was awful. Ended up with the Volvo V70 D5 AWD which is nearly as quick in every day driving with loads of mid-range and decent economy - 4WD is useful getting off wet fields on CLs. Hope this helps!

By the way, are you the Andy that Jim was complaining about?

Cheers,

Simon

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Simon, many thanks for the info on the subaru, I have test driven the subaru but didn't go above 3000rpm (I get a slap on the back of the head from the loved one when i go too fast) but it felt like it had plenty of torque low down, but one never reallys knows until you are pulling a van. Did you pull a van with it? 24mpg is low but no worse than a 4x4 which is my other consideration. How did you manage a full days test drive i only got 40 mins!

Cheers Andy

ps Which Andy is Jim complaining about?

Jul 29, 2005
Visit site
Buy a BMW 330d or even better a 535d and leave the cap and slippers at home, also with 40mpg while driving at 80mph you could afford an air freshener to deal with the whiff. ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts