Suck-it-and-see towing mirrors

Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone got one of these suction-type towing mirrors and if so, are they any good.

We're thinking of getting one but they are about £25 so don't want to waste money if they are rubbish.

Also, if you do have one, do you have the flat one or the convex and which would you recommend?

Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I asked a similar question on UKCS and there were no poor reports at all.Everybody who had them liked them.

They recommend the flat one on the offside and the convex on the nearside but I have always used 2 convex Smatt door mirrors and would opt for the same with the suction ones as the mirror head is quite small.

peo

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
I have had one of these mirrors for the last season and find it great. it is a convex one and I shall be buying a flat 1 asap as it is the most deceiving mirror ive ever seen for distances and every check has to be double checked in the normal mirror and it never ceases to suprise me how close vehicles actually are

Mar 29, 2004
Visit site
They sound like a good idea until they get knocked and the Electrically moved glass (possibly heated) smashes, the drive motors are smashed and the mirror looses its suction and falls off and hit's your van. Sounds Expensive to me

Gary

Dec 11, 2005
Visit site
They sound like a good idea until they get knocked and the Electrically moved glass (possibly heated) smashes, the drive motors are smashed and the mirror looses its suction and falls off and hit's your van. Sounds Expensive to me

Gary
Always look on the bright side!!!!!!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we used one of these mirrors last year and it didnt move or anything however it is the convex one and its true the distance is affected but weve just purchased the flat one for 19.99 at greentrees adventure store in dereham norfolk

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts