Suddenly no 12v

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Just been to my caravan (it's been in storage for three weeks) and found here was no 12v electrics. Solar panel was fine a d the battery rear 14v. Everything worked fine when I took kit storage. Fuse blown somewhere

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
If nothing 12 volt works it is likely you have only a single fuse to check; but they don't tend to blow if the 12 V system is not being used.
Reading the voltage, your 14 volts, clearly indicates at the time of reading, the solar system was developing that voltage.

I would be particularly focusing on whether a switch is mis-set or a connector from the battery to distribution unit has come adrift.
Plus disconnect the solar input to the battery, then measure the voltage directly on the battery's post, that is, check it has stored energy

Last edited:
Reactions: ProfJohnL
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I would check the main 20 amp in-line fuse from the battery, normally just behind the battery box as a starting place.

John

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Take a couple of spares, as if you check the original with a multi meter , it might seem ok, but it may not be, then you replace it, and the next one blows, find the fault, a chaffed wire somewhere, and then replace the last fuse, . Go back to Halfords and get some more spares.

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Take a couple of spares, as if you check the original with a multi meter , it might seem ok, but it may not be, then you replace it, and the next one blows, find the fault, a chaffed wire somewhere, and then replace the last fuse, . Go back to Halfords and get some more spares.
Thanks

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
If nothing 12 volt works it is likely you have only a single fuse to check; but they don't tend to blow if the 12 V system is not being used.
Reading the voltage, your 14 volts, clearly indicates at the time of reading, the solar system was developing that voltage.

I would be particularly focusing on whether a switch is mis-set or a connector from the battery to distribution unit has come adrift.
Plus disconnect the solar input to the battery, then measure the voltage directly on the battery's post, that is, check it has stored energy
Many thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts