Suggest a Vacuum ?

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The last topic raised on this subject by someone else didn't seem to get very far so I'm trying again.

Call me a lazy git if you like, but I'd to keep a vac in the caravan.

It needs to be 12v or rechargeable as we sometimes have no EHU. Obviously small and light.

Unlike some of the cheap vacs sold for cars, it needs to work for more than 2 weeks and actually pick up some dirt.

Does anyoneone have a recomendation ?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I have a Dyson DC16. It works very well and does exactly what it should do. 6/7 minutes flat out and about 3 hours to recharge.With two spinger spaniels it has to work hard but does do a good job.

Dyson are currently selling it direct for

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I bought a Gtech cordless rechargeable sweeper at the NEC in 2006. It has been superb for general cleaning. So much so it gets taken off the van and used in the house as well. I lasted a fortnight in france without needing charging & it was used every day. This is extremely useful if you rally. I am going to get another this year so I can leave it on the van rather than having to remember it!

At NEC last October I got the dyson & tool kit. This is the dogs nuts for suction! Only 6 minutes but that is plenty to do the whole van especially if I go over the van everyday with the other.

Apr 15, 2006
Visit site
dp.jpg

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Thanks all for the advice.

Alan

The Dyson dc16 sounds like the business although 6 mins of charge sounds a bit short.

I've found a refurb site selling the dc16 at

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I agree 6/7 minutes isn't very long but it is sufficient for us to clean out the Wyoming. Try timing yourself. It's quite interesting just how long 6/7 minutes is!

The major factor in favour of the Dyson for us is its continuous maximum suction and ability to remove the dog hairs.

It is rather expensive but for us it does what we want.

Good luck

Cheers

Alan

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We use a Tesco cheapie and then every 6 weeks approximatley we do the caravan with the Dyson normally used in the home. Major difference in cleanliness!

Sep 8, 2006
Visit site
Happy New Year all. I'm 100% with Alan here. We too own a Dyson D16. Excellent suction etc. Enough time to clean our Bailey Ranger 470. Easy to clean out etc. The good thing about the D16 is you will get 6-7 mins of constant high power, then the unit will turn off completely. Other cordless vacs will probably give a couple mins good power then start slowing down and eventually grind to a halt. Thanks, Dan.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thorpedo

Yes the Gtech with accessories. To be honest I don't know where they are!! When I supervised the cleaning [I will be shot for that!] I found that brushing before using it covered this point. However now with the Dyson that gets the nooks and crannies.

DavidC

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts