Suggestions for Newquay area

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
We are planning on travelling down to cornwall next july, but the site we were planning on booking is already nearly full, and we cant actually book holidays at work until December. We're now trying to formulate a plan B in case the site is booked up.

We're looking for a site next to the beach that does have some evening entertainment (not bothered if it isnt everynight). We've looked at the Hoseasons places, but they are offering far more than we need in terms of entertainment, and we think it might be a bit too noisy for us.

Anyone have any suggestions?

cheers

Rick

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
theres a site in perranporth i think its perran sands or something its not good. there isnt many next to beach in newquay im afraid. i know a nice site with a play area nr newquay but its not next to a beach and there no entertainment but its a nice site a a good price.

jo

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Pendine sands is the only one l can think of, but its not Newquay a little further down and dosn't take dogs, so if you have one it will be no use.

NigelH

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
What about Trevornick? I am sorry I am not sure where abouts it is in relation to Newquay but I do know its on/near the beach.

Another one down that way but not in Newquay but is on the beach is Harlyn Sands.

Mar 8, 2007
Visit site
Trevornick, the site that Chelsea mentioned is in Holywell Bay and has outdoor pool, entertainment and also allows dogs. I have been there the last 3yrs for the spring bank holida week and it is adjacent to a fun park.

best regards, Martin

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
try watergate bay touring park. im sure that has a pool, entertainment and just a walk to the beach but please dont hold me to it. its just outside newquay on the coast road to padstow but a lovely area.

jo

Mar 16, 2009
Visit site
we stayed at watergate bay this summer it does have a pool and entertainment but check when its on as it wasnt begining of july nice clean site but a bit of a walk to the beach as its all down hill fairly steep but they do mini bus shuttle service on down side is its right next to newquay airport but not 24 hour flying we got used to it after a couple of days would recommend this site we enjoyed our stay and will go back next year

ian.

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi Rick,

We did a Sun holiday once to Haven's Perran Sands park and thought it was very nice.

I didn't notice the touring area as I don't think we had our caravan then, but the site has direct beach access, albeit a bit of a walk away across the dunes.

As I said, I don't know about the tourers, but the static 'vans were arranged in small groups amongst the dunes whic made the place seem a lot smaller and quieter than it was.

It's close to Newquay as well (which is a dreadful place!)

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
This isn't Newquay and is actually on the south coast between St. Austell and Mevagissey, a far nicer area where I'm concerned. The site is actually on the beach which is for site users only. You need to book quick though because it's very popular. I've never been myself but it can be seen from the road and looks very nice. Understandably dogs aren't allowed, the reason I haven't stayed.

http://www.pentewan.co.uk/

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi Rick,

We did a Sun holiday once to Haven's Perran Sands park and thought it was very nice.

I didn't notice the touring area as I don't think we had our caravan then, but the site has direct beach access, albeit a bit of a walk away across the dunes.

As I said, I don't know about the tourers, but the static 'vans were arranged in small groups amongst the dunes whic made the place seem a lot smaller and quieter than it was.

It's close to Newquay as well (which is a dreadful place!)
I meant to say in my following post, I agree, Newquay is the pits. It's a place where the young congregate, those who can't afford to go abroad and get drunk causing mayhem. I suppose it's ok to kill a couple of hours in the daytime but a whole week there, no thanks.

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
Pentewan has a lovely beach but we are the same (dog) so we stayed in River Valley Holiday Park 2.5 miles inland from Pentewan Sands (dogs allowed!!), lovely site with indoor pool and a riverside offroad walk down to the village of Pentewan itself direct from the site. Brilliant.

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
Try Porth Beach Tourist Park, Quiet site on the beach, thirty minute walk over the cliffs into Newquay and a pub over the road which has entertainment many nights of the week

Brian

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Nigel - isn't Pendine Sands in Wales?
Rupert you maybe right but l know l have been to one in Cornwall, but it was when we caravanned in the eighties, its right on the beach, l have seen it advertised and maybe got the name wrong.

Sorry for the confusion.

NigelH

Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
The only 3 i can think of that i`ve been to is Harlyn sands, its a 2 minute walk from the beach entertainment aint great but stunning walks and views, the other is pentewan but no pets site is right on the beach used by people with boats not good for surfing but good veiws again although very overcrowded lastly is mother iveys nothing much onsite just a shop but stunning veiws, both harlyn and mother iveys have narrow roads to get to, good luck

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Have a look at River Valley Park , London Apprentice, about 2 miles from Pentewan Sands. Excellent dog walks and swimming pool. Very reasonably priced with excellent facilities.

Cheers

Dustydog

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
try watergate bay touring park. im sure that has a pool, entertainment and just a walk to the beach but please dont hold me to it. its just outside newquay on the coast road to padstow but a lovely area.

jo
i will second this site very good location as well,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts