Suncamp Scenic Porch Awnings

Mar 23, 2005
Visit site
Does anyone have any comments/experience/opinions about the lightweight "dome-tent style" porch awnings made by Suncamp and others ? We have a full Bradcot awning which is great but too much for short trips. We realise these cheaper (£130), flimsier porches are no match for the real thing, but for the price seem good value. The main attaction being pack size and weight and the fact they don't get as wet and therefore are easier to dry. We saw one at New Year that withstood some fairly wild weather.

Grateful for any comments/experiences. Also, they seem to be out of stock most places - anyone any ideas who has some in stock ?

Thanks.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jonathan, we ordered one of these awnings at the Earls Court show as we found we weren't using our full size Dorema awning as it's too much hassle to put up for a weekend. We finally used the new awning last week and it was great - it's very quick and easy to erect and provides enough space for a table and two chairs plus storage of wet boots etc. We've now come to the view that the new awning is all we need and we'll sell the Dorema.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jonathan

We bought one of these last year and find it to be very good. It goes up in about 10-15 mins including pegging and comes down in about 5. We keep the kids 2 bikes, all our boots and the waste bin in it with room to spare. It's also very versatile with lots of window and door combinations. Try Towsure, don't know if they have stock of course, otherwise just Google for it:

http://www.towsure.com/product.asp?d=0&t=0&p=3935&op=

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jonathan

We bought one of these last year and find it to be very good. It goes up in about 10-15 mins including pegging and comes down in about 5. We keep the kids 2 bikes, all our boots and the waste bin in it with room to spare. It's also very versatile with lots of window and door combinations. Try Towsure, don't know if they have stock of course, otherwise just Google for it:

]http://www.towsure.com/product.asp?d=0&t=0&p=3935&op=
http://www.towsure.com/product.asp?d=0&t=0&p=3935&op=[/quote
hi Johnathan i've just bought the compactalite dome style awning because it gos up very quickly about 15 minutes max. and comes down in 5. I bought it from a newcastle company called awnings direct the web site is www.awnings.co.uk they have these in stock and i think its well worth the

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
Try Weymouth Caravan Centre Nr. Blandford, we were there on Monday, they had about a dozen on display. Tel: 01258 880786. We have had ours since last June, brilliant job, easy to erect,quick to dry, and weighs very little. Good luck.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Try Weymouth Caravan Centre Nr. Blandford, we were there on Monday, they had about a dozen on display. Tel: 01258 880786. We have had ours since last June, brilliant job, easy to erect,quick to dry, and weighs very little. Good luck.
I have had one for 12 months and it's great. There is a 'plus' version now, 35 cm wider, which could be useful.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Homestead caravans and outdoor leisure in Essex are selling them for 109.99. Thats for the larger one, 280cm w x 200 cm d. Called the Panorama xl. The smaller one, 190cm w x 180cm d is 87.99.

01255 830229

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you are having trouble getting hold of a suncamp scenic, try http://www.norwich-camping.co.uk/ and go to their porch awning section. I ordered a scenic plus (

Aug 17, 2005
Visit site
Homestead caravans and outdoor leisure in Essex are selling them for 109.99. Thats for the larger one, 280cm w x 200 cm d. Called the Panorama xl. The smaller one, 190cm w x 180cm d is 87.99.

01255 830229
Had you had any problems with yours?

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Following many threads on the Suncamp Scenic Plus I have now purchased one. Hopefully, it will be erected on our next holiday (beginning next Wednesday).

We bought ours from United British Caravans (UBS) (Wideopen, Newcstle). Delivery took 2 days - now that is service.

Not to mention the fact that it cost less than

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts