Sunncamp Awning and roof waterlogging

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We bought a Sunncamp Prestige full awning a couple of years ago and each time it rains the roof gets completely waterlogged and the canvas ends up bowing into the awning with the weight of the collected water.

We are fairly experienced awning users and feel that we are erecting correctly and tensioning sufficiently but no matter how we pitch the awning and how tight we tension it the water still collects. (Looks like large inverted abcesses after a storm)

Anyone had these problems with Sunncamp prestige as we have never come across it before with other makes of awning.

Carol

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think you have been lucky with your other awnings, rather than having a particular problem with this one. We have had lots of makes over the years - Salou, OBI, Dorema, Sunncamp - and, given a heavy downpour, there has always been a certain degree of 'pooling' on the roof. Providing it is not ignored for too long, so that the fabric stretches, it is not a major problem - we just use a broom handle, spare awning pole, or whatever is to hand, to drain the water away, and, once the sun shines again, the problem is forgotten.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think you have been lucky with your other awnings, rather than having a particular problem with this one. We have had lots of makes over the years - Salou, OBI, Dorema, Sunncamp - and, given a heavy downpour, there has always been a certain degree of 'pooling' on the roof. Providing it is not ignored for too long, so that the fabric stretches, it is not a major problem - we just use a broom handle, spare awning pole, or whatever is to hand, to drain the water away, and, once the sun shines again, the problem is forgotten.
Chrissie

Yes we use all sorts to push the water off but when you go to bed and it rains in the night (especially a downpour) we get up to very stretched roof in the morning. Just wondered if it was peculiar to Sunncamp and looking at other posts I see that someone else has same problem. If as you say it is a general problem with any awning it is something we might have to live with.

I emailed Sunncamp but of course they never respond to customer enquiries.

Hey Ho.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts