Sunncamp porch awning

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are considering the purchase of the Sunncamp porch awning featured in the current issue. Has anyone out there any comments on this type of awning? Particularly how they are secured to the van. Thanks.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Bought one last year and am amazed at how versatile it is! Lots more floor space than you would imagine. We (just) squeezed in a table and chairs for four for a BBQ last year. It is ideally suited for hanging coats, taking off boots, dogs, etc but comfortably seats two. It is simple to erect (8 minutes) but you can't expect a perfect seal agaianst the van. The top runs along the awning rail but the van-end of the sides are simply pulled in and pegged underneath the van. Three doors and windows including a ventilated window. We use ours on short stays, otherwise we use our full awning. Because it's so small and light there's no problem carrying both awnings.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Used ours for the first time over the new year period took about 10 mins to slot the poles in and about 15 mins to peg it down. Best bit of equipment we have bought.

Good luck

Helen

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The great thing about this awning is that it is quick to put up but, just as important, quick to take down, even when the rain is bucketing down. You simply roll it up wet and then put it on the washing line to dry when you get home. At the moment the seal against the wall of the caravan is not perfect, but give it time, someone will come up with a brilliant tip which we will all follow and the (minor) problem will be solved.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Bob. Sounds like it's just what we need. Big enough for muddy boots and a couple of chairs, and small enough to set up quickly on those out of season weekend breaks.

Mark

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Further to my earlier comments, I did have one problem with mine first time I used it. The straps on the two pegs that insert into the bottom of the two "vertical" poles were too short. Hence, I could not get the pegs into the pole ends. I am sure that, once everything has stretched, they would be long enough - in fact the straps are adjustable to take up stretch. The solution was to insert a 1" diameter key ring on each strap, prodiving 1" more reach. Anybody else had this problem?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
These sound ideal for touring/short breaks. One thing bothers me however - whenever I have seen these pictured in catalogues, etc, they are shown on vans with the door to the rear. Our van has the door at the front, and the roof starts to slope away quite sharply just after the door. I can imagine that this could be a problem, particularly since the door opens towards the front of the van. Has anyone any experience of using one in a similar situation?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My Bailey Pageant Moselle has the drain connections at the side of the van. Does anyone have any ideas on how to combine the two pipes into one so it will fit easier into an aquaroll opening?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a 2004 Geist LV 535 and it came with a one piece front window blind. I want to replace it with three separate blinds / flyscreens. Can anybody advise me to the cost and supplier (new or second-hand).

Also if I attempt the job myself are there any problems to be aware of.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi we have a suncamp porch awning they are great to erect can be done in 15 mins also easy to take down only problem we found 2nd time we used it ithere were strong winds which snapped the poles we purchased some mor but have now got a stronger porch in case of bad weather hope this helps

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts