Sunncamp Swift 260 Caravan Canopy

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
On last break someone had the above and it look very easy to put up could be idea for me has anyone brought this model and use it on site
What are your views ?

Nov 12, 2021
Visit site
I have the 390 version.
It is indeed very easy to put up and I really like it.
I use mine for short stays when I don't want to put up my awning.
Remember though, it is only intended to be used as a Sun canopy and you need to take it down if heavy rain is expected.
I found this out the hard way in Wales. I'd left the canopy up and we had torrential rain overnight. This had collapsed the canopy and it was holding about three gallons of pooled water. Fortunately the weight didn't damage the awning rail. I have modified my canopy now by adding a centre upright pole and altering the tensioning pole so it now sits against he caravan wall on a rubber sucker designed for the job.
I'm not affraid to leave it up now as rainwater sheds straight off and can't pool.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We have the Kampa Dometic 500 Sunshine air canopy. However they do one in a 300 size. It has been up in heavy rain and no issue with water collecting on the roof. Easy to erect especially if using a Gale pump. See HERE.
Dometic Kampa 500 sun canopy.jpg

With sides and windbreak

Dometic Kampa 500 sun canopy with sides.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Beachball
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I have the 390 version.
It is indeed very easy to put up and I really like it.
I use mine for short stays when I don't want to put up my awning.
Remember though, it is only intended to be used as a Sun canopy and you need to take it down if heavy rain is expected.
I found this out the hard way in Wales. I'd left the canopy up and we had torrential rain overnight. This had collapsed the canopy and it was holding about three gallons of pooled water. Fortunately the weight didn't damage the awning rail. I have modified my canopy now by adding a centre upright pole and altering the tensioning pole so it now sits against he caravan wall on a rubber sucker designed for the job.
I'm not affraid to leave it up now as rainwater sheds straight off and can't pool.
Thanks for the in formation might have to do the same (y)

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
At present was looking at the Sunncamp Swift 260 Canopy because it reasonable but i saw this and wonder what it like
2022 Starcamp Dorema quick & easy 265 Air caravan awning sun canopy has anyone own one and what it like in windy and rain

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Well we have brought a 2022 Dorema Starcamp Quick and Easy 265cm Air caravan Sunshade Canopy porch awning i only hope it easy to put up ;)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Well we have brought a 2022 Dorema Starcamp Quick and Easy 265cm Air caravan Sunshade Canopy porch awning i only hope it easy to put up ;)
You made a rapid decision on that one, but it looks to be a nice piece of kit. Hope it works for you. We have had several Dorema awnings from full size ones to 225 porches and always found them to be good quality, although our last Quattro porch had small tooth zips which could be fiddly to engage.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
BB. Hope you are happy with your purchase.
What is the general view of its performance in windy weather? I ask because my Kampa Rallye Air remains in the loft while the Isabella Magnum , with the infamous Izzy storm straps is still standing following the last 72 hours of mega winds,

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
BB. Hope you are happy with your purchase.
What is the general view of its performance in windy weather? I ask because my Kampa Rallye Air remains in the loft while the Isabella Magnum , with the infamous Izzy storm straps is still standing following the last 72 hours of mega winds,
Hi Dusty we brought it to see if it would be easier for me with the zip out and roll back side panels i have brought the awning upright rear poles as well and i have some spare storm straps if needed . we will see how it goes in windy weather .

Last edited:
Reactions: Dustydog
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
You made a rapid decision on that one, but it looks to be a nice piece of kit. Hope it works for you. We have had several Dorema awnings from full size ones to 225 porches and always found them to be good quality, although our last Quattro porch had small tooth zips which could be fiddly to engage.
Hi Clive Just wanted to try a a good quality Dorema canopy awning a friend said they are brilliant and might be easier for me
Also the big plus it very lightweight 7kg

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Also decided to buy a Caravan Awning Draught Skirt the deeper 75cm deep can tuck under the ground sheet to hold it in place if i don"t want to use pegs ,

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Also decided to buy a Caravan Awning Draught Skirt the deeper 75cm deep can tuck under the ground sheet to hold it in place if i don"t want to use pegs ,
Tried that it does not work if the wind is blowing as also lifts the awning carpet in many cases. We now always peg down the skirt through the breathable awning carpet.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Looking at this Dorema Starcamp quick n easy we have decided to buy Starcamp roof beam bar i think it will give it more support

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sam
I have 2 more photos, that show how it works in more detail but every time I try to attach them site says file too large, even though it accepted the one on screen, which I assumed was same size, anyway here goes,
You will need length of 3x1 timber to fit the width of the wheel, sheet of 1/4'' plywood, hinges and screws and a length of figure of eight awning channel.
Cut plywood to semi circle to fit inside the wheel arch with straight side at the bottom, fix the 3x1 along the straight side using the 1 side, with a hinge at either end, then when you place the plywood into the wheel arch you lift it up and use the 3 side of the 3x1 to create a snug fit. Once in place insert awning skirt into the bottom channel and mark the plywood where the skirt sits. Then screw the figure of 8 channel across the plywood, quick couple of coats of white paint and job done. I have also drilled holes either end of the 3x1 and use 2 x steel pegs to hold it in place. In the event of an uneven pitch I pack piece of decking timber about 4''x4'' under whichever end of the 3x1 needs it. Hope this makes sense, will try to upload the other 2 pictures, although I suspect they are on the PC forum site somewhere when this question arose some time ago. I have made them for friends who have attached Swift and Coachman stickers to theirs for a bit more bling

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sam
I have tried resizing the files, and tried sending picture in PM but no luck,I have the pictures on desktop, tried compressing the file still says too large

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts