Sunncamp Swift Air 260 - deflating slowly

Apr 25, 2021
Visit site
Hi,

We bought a Sunncamp air awning (porch awning) last July. We used it once in dry weather and then packed it away. Came to use it again this weekend, to find that it had what seemed like a slow puncture. We inflated it to it's recommend PSI which was 7, and it seemed to slowly lose pressure over an hour. I inflated again and checked the one valve (we only have one air pole), was all tight and it was. But it slowly started to deflate again.

Anyway - long story short, when I got home I checked for any visible punctures and found none so I did the trick of submerging gently in water and looking for air bubbles. At the end of the pole opposite to the inflation valve, air bubbles were coming out of the zip bit - so no small tears but through the zip. I double checked other parts of the pole and it doesn't happen anywhere else so I suspect this is the culprit.

My question is has anyone had this before with air awnings where it looks like a manufacturing issue? Is it likely this will be covered under warranty?

Any advice appreciated :)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

We bought a Sunncamp air awning (porch awning) last July. We used it once in dry weather and then packed it away. Came to use it again this weekend, to find that it had what seemed like a slow puncture. We inflated it to it's recommend PSI which was 7, and it seemed to slowly lose pressure over an hour. I inflated again and checked the one valve (we only have one air pole), was all tight and it was. But it slowly started to deflate again.

Anyway - long story short, when I got home I checked for any visible punctures and found none so I did the trick of submerging gently in water and looking for air bubbles. At the end of the pole opposite to the inflation valve, air bubbles were coming out of the zip bit - so no small tears but through the zip. I double checked other parts of the pole and it doesn't happen anywhere else so I suspect this is the culprit.

My question is has anyone had this before with air awnings where it looks like a manufacturing issue? Is it likely this will be covered under warranty?

Any advice appreciated :)
That should not happen. I would take it up with the retailer that you purchased it from.

Apr 25, 2021
Visit site
There is an air bladder inside the pocket the zip gives access to. DONT whatever you do unzip the pocket with the bladder inflated!

Noted thanks, I haven’t unzipped the tube. I didn’t realise there was an inner bladder to that tube to be honest, so I’m guessing that’s actually still where my problem lies and there must be a puncture on the inner air bladder if there’s air coming through the zip part on the tube.

I’m going to wait for the retailer to get back to me first before I do anything else.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts