Supplied caravan table.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering if you do or would use your caravans table in the awning. I have always shied clear of doing so thinking of damp and rust. We usually travel with a very good awning table, but its large, doesnt fold and doesnt help when packing the car.

Seems really silly to be carting two tables around, and we very rarely use the caravans supplied table so maybe make more use of it outdoors?

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
We only ever use our supplied table outside or in the awning. (When overwintering in Spain it remains permanently set up in the awning).

Our caravan is so small that the table would take up practically all the space inside! ..... we find the pull/fold out table perfectly adequate for the two of us.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We only use the supplied table,inside and outside,although it's not really big enough for four.We have just been looking at a collapsible lightweight table(think decorator style) as we usually eat outside and when another family joined us last trip it was nowhere near big enough.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We have removed the table in the caravan and only use the slide out when out and about. Increases payload by about 8kg. We also have an aluminium table that is carried in the roof box.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
We have a folding table that comes with 4 small stools which we use for the awning , the table supplied by the caravan is up in the loft along with the extra bits that go along with the 2 bunks that we don't use , saving a few kg's , if we do have a meal inside the pull out table from the chest is good enough for us as the kids have their own table at the back.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The original table has only ever been used in the awning never inside. We also take a medium sized fold up also used in the awning and outside if sunny.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Only used mine twice in the 6 years of ownership although it remains stowed in the wardrobe side, otherwise we use the pull-out extension at the front which certainly suffices for two. In fact when I sometime replace the van a similar arrangement at the front will be on my essentials list - and thanks to the reply who saves weight by leaving the main table at home!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We sometimes use the rear dinette which then converts to single or double bed. The heavy table rarely gets used and we have lightweight fir awning.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
So OC is carrying two tables too, glad Im not alone.

Im going to start to use the caravans lump of wood in the awning I think.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thingy said:
So OC is carrying two tables too, glad Im not alone.

Im going to start to use the caravans lump of wood in the awning I think.

No the rear dinette forms part of the bed base so as we use that bed the dinette table has to be carried whatever. The main table is generally left at home.

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
We have a twin dinette which was supplied with TWO large tables.
Both are stored at home and we just use the two pull out flaps from the chest of draws at each end. Saves quiet a bit of weight.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
For us, its not the weight, its just that the awning table we have been carrying just wont pack well in the car. To use the caravan table means I can fit more Theakstons in the boot.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
These days we do not use the awning so do not use the supplied table outside as the sun or rain might damage it. We have a very light camping table under the bed for outside use. It is far easier to move and erect than the caravan table so it would probably stay if we go back to using an awning.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I think I might try and sneak the table out when SWMBO, is not looking, as we take a Lafuma table with us with adjustable legs, for outside.
Just told the boss about leaving table at home and guess what, She has agreed, Winner, Winner , Chicken dinner.
:woohoo:

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
When I felt the weight of the stored folding table I put it into the garage and it's been there ever since,,we carry 2 and together weight less than half the stored one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts