Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.4 petrol

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Our aged Nissan Note is approaching 13 years old and whilst still going strong even on its original exhaust we are thinking around what our future car needs are going to be. Our son is determined to hang on to his FL2 so our thoughts are turning towards a Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.4 petrol. It would be able to tow the caravan albeit not so economically as the Superb but fuel costs aren’t a big factor in our thoughts. More so reliability which Suzuki’s seem to possess in good measure.

My wife has always liked her high riding SUV cars so would be okay driving a Grand Vitara and sharing driving on longer solo trips. The Superb would then be used towards the adoption of a small feline from Coventry in need of a loving home.

Has anyone experience of the Grand Vitara for caravan duties. My experience of Suzuki’s is limited to a death provoking two stroke motorbike, and being hassled by a Jimny when off roadind. :p

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
We have towed with the 2.5v6 petrol and the 1.9 diesel for the last 10 years, and they have been totally reliable. We have given up touring now so I am getting a petrol Swift. You can't beat a Suzuki.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
thedoog1 said:
We have towed with the 2.5v6 petrol and the 1.9 diesel for the last 10 years, and they have been totally reliable. We have given up touring now so I am getting a petrol Swift. You can't beat a Suzuki.

Thank you. What weight van did you tow with each Suzuki engine?

Another option we considered was the Forester XTEN the one that looked like an estate car.

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
With the petrol a Swift 480 and a Lunar Conquest 462, it towed fine apart from the long hills of Devon when you had to plan ahead. The diesel we have towed the Lunar and a Bailey Unicorn Seville with no issues at all. Last week I towed the Bailey 250 miles to its new owner it was perfect as always. I believe the bailey is 1342 miro
Steve

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts