swan neck stabiliser problems

May 30, 2005
Visit site
Hi Everyone

May of put this in the wrong forum but I will give it a go anyway

I am new to caravans so go easy on me.

Just purchased a swan neck stabiliser from Towsure products, Sheffield but having problems fitting the swan neck adaptor that came with it, how exactly does the bracket attach to the towbar?

Anyone got any ideas as the instructions supplied are next to useless, or is it me?

Help

Best regards

Jonathan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jonathan, If it is Towsure product SM9 it clamps round the swanneck with 4 clamping bolts. It sits below the ball so that the holder for the blade is approx 2 - 4 inches below it. Hope this helps.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jonathan, If it is Towsure product SM9 it clamps round the swanneck with 4 clamping bolts. It sits below the ball so that the holder for the blade is approx 2 - 4 inches below it. Hope this helps.
Jonathan, my reply above may be a bit simplistic. the clamp can be fitted vertically on the upright part of the neck or horizontally below bend back to the car. the clamp/ bracket can then be adjusted up to 180 degrees, by intalling the bolts through on of the 4 holes on each side, to set the blade clamp horizontal.

May 30, 2005
Visit site
Jonathan, my reply above may be a bit simplistic. the clamp can be fitted vertically on the upright part of the neck or horizontally below bend back to the car. the clamp/ bracket can then be adjusted up to 180 degrees, by intalling the bolts through on of the 4 holes on each side, to set the blade clamp horizontal.
Hi Ray

Cheers for the info I will have a go tommorow night when I get home from work. The instructions supplied by Towsure in the box are for the normal flange towbar fixing, surely there must be proper instructions for a swan neck setup, have sent towsure a email to see if there are any, but I won't hold my breath

Cheers mate

Jonathan

TRENDING THREADS