Swanage, Weymouth area

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
I have a weeks holiday from 22 March. I have looked on the CC website to find that the Swanage site does not open until the following week. Hunters Moon is a possibility. CL's seem few, so does anyone have any thoughts.

I must admit a certain amount of frustration, in that I thought when I booked the week, that more would be open. Yes, Easter is later, but there must be others in the situation of having to use holiday and the end of the financial year and not much choice.

In any event a Happy New Year to all. Long may this site continue.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Stayed at Haycraft very good.

Visited Hunters Moon and fancy a stay there.

Liked Wareham, Dorchester and Weymouth

Lulworth Cove and the National Trust area between Studland and Swanage.Enjoyed Corfe Castle Buses few and far between

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
i stayed at hunters moon. nice big pitches but at the back of the site theres a bit of a pikey site and there dogs bark night and day so just watch where you pitch. not far from many places i love sandbanks. the ferry to sandbank in the car is only about

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Would like to add to the last message.

There was a problem with barking dogs earlier in 2008 at Hunters Moon.The local council (who licence the park adjacent to Hunters moon) visited a few times and on my last 4 visits later in 2008 its nice and quiet again,except at the pitches that border the road.

Also have a look at Crossways not far from Weymouth,its a gem and under used.

Roy

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
Thank you all for your advice. We have stayed at Hunters Moon before and may give that a go again. I have found a site in Swanage called Ulwell Cottage and reviews seem okay, so may try that. Fancy walking some of the cliff path without having to take the car.

Happy New Year.

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
Yes just had a look Jo-anne.

We hope to go to the CC site at Bransgore (New Forest) to give it a look. We want to visit our daughter in Portsmouth and it is a tad nearer.

We will go there then back to Swanage.

Thank you again though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts