Swapping the Bailey

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It's time for the 04 Ranger 470/4 to get swapped for something a bit nicer! Shortlist so far:

Lunar Quasar EB

Swift Charisma 535

Sterling Eccles Topaz

I know we would not have the fixed bed in the Sterling- but looks a nicely finised product.

I guess that it will depend a fair bit on the P/ex price offered at the dealers but would anyone be able to help me with any recommendations on any of the above?

I appreciate your help

Paul

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Ive re-posted this for you Paul because I noticed you had no replies under the General thread. I posted it under Buyers' Guide: caravans - where it should have been to start with, now dont do it again you naughty boy,

regards, Naughty Nancy.

Sep 7, 2005
Visit site
Paul,

We've got a 2004 Topaz which we ordered at the Earls Court show in 2003. We looked at a load of different models and had no difficulty in selecting the Topaz based on layout and the really bright, modern interior which was miles away from all the chintz and draylon we saw elsewhere.

We got the van in June 2004 and have been really pleased with it - no major problems, it's wearing well and the interior still looks and feels really fresh.

We wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Topaz - have fun choosing!

Regards,

Simon

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Look at Coachman. I've had two and both have been fine. They did well in the recent reliability survey too. Present van 3.5 years old with 20,000 tow miles and still looks good inside and out. only probs. have been with heater etc. which is the same make as fitted to virtually all vans, so can't blame Coachman for that.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for your advice. We are not in the van this weekend so are going to use the time to look at a few dealers. I wanted to go the the caravan show but I am out of the country on business so will miss it! Would have been much easier.

I like the Coachman too- but I suspect that they may be a tad heavy for our car? I'll look into it.

I am sure that I will get a better price on remaining 05 model stock, but would I be better for residual value by going for the 06? I'd prefer the 06 but savings are tempting?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Paul

Have a look at Abbey Adventura range or the GTS Vogue. The Adventuras are virtually the same vans as the Swift Charisma & worth a look. If you're anywhere near Nottingham, have alook at Lowdham Leisureworlds Abbey Freestyle, a limited edition based on the Adventura range - extras include omnivent, alarm upgraded fabrics, spare wheel, alloys etc - for not much more cash than the standard Adventura.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Paul, just picked up a Sterling Eccles Emerald, same range as the Topaz. Once you've seen the interior of one of these, nothing quite looks the same. Very modern and beautiful upholstery. We've just bought a 2006. The prices have come down slightly but they now come with the new ALKO wheel lock (approx

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts