Swift Bathroom Tap spout popped off

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Hi folks

When I was trying to flow the water through the bathroom tap while pitching up, the spout popped off and what looked like filings came through

I’ve tried pushing it back up and turning it but it’s not working and pops right back off when pressure of the water is flowing through, so there must be a technique to it for fitting?

Before I go break something, has someone had this happen and fixed it?

IMG_0110.jpegIMG_0111.jpeg

IMG_0114.jpeg

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Sorry don’t have the answer except most spouts are unscrewable so that debris can regularly be removed from the filters of which the blue grid shown is a part. Does the spout in the photos unscrew into two parts? I recall others fitting a suitably sized domestic tap replacement as a much cheaper option that a specific caravan tap if yours cannot be reassembled - assuming your relies on a pressure activation and not micro switches.

Reactions: Saxo Appeal

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
This is a common issue on Swift taps. They seem to have a contractual obligation to pop off. First of all dry the tap end and the popped off filter. Then look for the notch and the corresponding dovetail bit on the tap and filter and line them up. Press together really really really hard, don’t try and twist.
In the majority of cases this has done the job provided you are steady when turning the tap on.
This is well reported on Swift owners group on FB and worked for us
Mel

Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
Hi folks

When I was trying to flow the water through the bathroom tap while pitching up, the spout popped off and what looked like filings came through

I’ve tried pushing it back up and turning it but it’s not working and pops right back off when pressure of the water is flowing through, so there must be a technique to it for fitting?

Before I go break something, has someone had this happen and fixed it?

View attachment 7777View attachment 7778

View attachment 7779
I can see this costing you money. One day you will have a trip without too much expense.

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
This is a common issue on Swift taps. They seem to have a contractual obligation to pop off. First of all dry the tap end and the popped off filter. Then look for the notch and the corresponding dovetail bit on the tap and filter and line them up. Press together really really really hard, don’t try and twist.
In the majority of cases this has done the job provided you are steady when turning the tap on.
This is well reported on Swift owners group on FB and worked for us
Mel

Thanks Mel, will try pushing it hard in tomorrow morning and see if it works, good to know it’s a known issue.

I actually thought (and tried) pushed upwards then turned to lock it into place, but this don’t work 🤦

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I had 4 of these taps replaced under warranty for this. Once the spout blows out, in my experience it just keeps doing it no matter how many times you clip it back in.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I struggle with the idea and purpose of spout mesh filters in order to trap debris within the system.

A mesh filter prior to the pump should be sufficient.

John
The mesh filters are also aimed at giving a smoother, quieter conformal flow with less splashing. . Which enhances your user experience. As you have now discovered. 😂

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The mesh filters are also aimed at giving a smoother, quieter conformal flow with less splashing. . Which enhances your user experience. As you have now discovered. 😂
They were installed after customer feedback indicated they were required! I always wondered which customers they consulted? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Going to contact our dealership again and have this sorted under warranty if it keeps popping off.

What’s worrying me, is I’m hoping this ‘flake debris’ which followed when the spout popped off, isn’t something which came from the hot water tank…seems odd as there shouldn’t be anything in the pipes bar water.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Going to contact our dealership again and have this sorted under warranty if it keeps popping off.

What’s worrying me, is I’m hoping this ‘flake debris’ which followed when the spout popped off, isn’t something which came from the hot water tank…seems odd as there shouldn’t be anything in the pipes bar water.
Unfortunately whilst the water may be clinically safe to drink, you might be amazed at waht can collect in heaters. The bulk is limescale, which can have some quite mixed up colours from reacting with minerals in the local water, and with material from inside the pipe work of appliances.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Unfortunately whilst the water may be clinically safe to drink, you might be amazed at waht can collect in heaters. The bulk is limescale, which can have some quite mixed up colours from reacting with minerals in the local water, and with material from inside the pipe work of appliances.
To follow on regarding the limescale, in June we bought a new Swiss 1000w kettle and used it for about 3 weeks. It was used in Somerset, 1 week, S Devon 1 week and 5 days in Dorset. Yesterday on checking it we were quite amazed to see a significant build up of lime scale on the bottom of the kettle.

On checking our kettle at home cannot see any limescale build up and that is being used a couple of times every day. The kettle at home has been in use every day for the past 2 months!

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Thanks, never actually thought of that (y)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts