swift challenger 530

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The cooker vent hot gases cause the plastic window trim to warp on my new 2004 van. The dealer/swift do not have an effective solution(open the window/don't open the window). Anyone solved this ?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Bob.

I am sory to read of your problem, well actually its not your problem, its the dealers. The dealer has a legal responsibility to under the Act 1979 and other relevant legislation to only supply goods that are as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality.

Clearly, if through normal use, part of the caravan damages another it is not fit for purpose, and therfore dealer is totaly obligated to you to either replace the caravan or offer an effective repair. If you are using finance, advise the lender of the problem and ask them to sort it out. If you have any truck from eitehr the finace house or the dealer, refer the matter to trading standards.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have the same caravan, I always cook with the extractor fan on 2 and have not seen anw problems but you've got me worried, could you give a more detailed explanation. By the way have your paper blinds started to get folding fatigue yet?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Reply to James F, See mynote at bottom of this thread, The dealer is responsible to you not the manufacturer. If the dealer won't replace, he/she is in breach of thier legal responsibility to you, contact a soliciter of trading standards. If you used finance, then contact your lender.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts