swift charisma

Jan 21, 2007
Visit site
hi

just wondering if anyone owns a swift charisma 555 2007 model and tow it with a vectra sri 1.9cdti.How does it perform, not entirely satisfied as noseweight seems a bit heavy causing it to feel a little unstable.Any ideas or views much appreciated.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Chris,

How are you finding the van, I am waiting to take delivery of a Charisma 555. Do you have any little niggling problems with it that I sjould be looking for. Sorry i cant help you with your original question, but have you thought about taking your gas bottle out of the front locker while travalling.

cheers Steve

Jan 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi Chris,

How are you finding the van, I am waiting to take delivery of a Charisma 555. Do you have any little niggling problems with it that I sjould be looking for. Sorry i cant help you with your original question, but have you thought about taking your gas bottle out of the front locker while travalling.

cheers Steve
hi steve

No problems with the van as yet but we've only used it once.The fixed bed was a god send no more making up beds.the only problem i am cocerned about is the noseweight, front locker was virtually empty took out the gas bottle but still weighed over 90kg.What car are you going to tow yours with.Going to france in august for the first time might have to change the car.

chris

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
hi steve

No problems with the van as yet but we've only used it once.The fixed bed was a god send no more making up beds.the only problem i am cocerned about is the noseweight, front locker was virtually empty took out the gas bottle but still weighed over 90kg.What car are you going to tow yours with.Going to france in august for the first time might have to change the car.

chris
Hi Chris,

I had a similar problem with my Avondale dart. I had a Passat as a tow car. The nose weight was around 90kg on the van, I had to get it down to 75kg. I had to take the draw unit from the front of the van and place it on the floor at the back. I also had to put the awning slightly behind the axle to help lift the front end up. I think the draws in a Chaisma also come off, you could try it. Let me know how you get on.

Cheers Steve

Jan 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi Chris,

I had a similar problem with my Avondale dart. I had a Passat as a tow car. The nose weight was around 90kg on the van, I had to get it down to 75kg. I had to take the draw unit from the front of the van and place it on the floor at the back. I also had to put the awning slightly behind the axle to help lift the front end up. I think the draws in a Chaisma also come off, you could try it. Let me know how you get on.

Cheers Steve
hi steve

thanks for the tip about removing the front drawers but unfortunatly when we bought the van we replaced the drawers with seating.

chris

Oct 10, 2006
Visit site
I've got the Broad Lane special version of the 555, a Fairway 540. Everything is fine apart from the external lockers - i've had trouble opening them all!!

Jun 5, 2006
Visit site
Hi

Its not quite the same as yours, but I have a Charisma 565, 2003 model.

I pull mine with a mondeo TDCI, and have had trouble with the nose weight. It seems very heavy even with nothing in the front. But on mine, the axle appears to be set back slightly. I havent measured it but I am sure.

But other than that tis great, there was a problem with a ledge in the front locker though allowing small items to fall out when driving. I found this out whilst dragging the kids skipping rope allong the road for a few hours.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts