Swift Classic 1998/9

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Been looking at a 1998 Swift Classic Baronette this weekend and think that we may finally have found the used caravan that we want as our first van. Looking on the web this morning a couple of other dealers have these priced at between £6500- £7500. Before I part with my hard earned cash, are there any recomendations or advice for or against this van? Or would it be a fairly safe bet for a first timer? Appreciate your help.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Paul I gotmy first van couple of year back swift barronette great van no problems atall. Keep your eyes open for a dealer special on the van lots of extras. Dont know where you are but if you are in scotland go to Knowepark caravans they have a few dealer specials in stock 98/99/2000

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi paul i have a 1999 barronette and have been more than happy with mine.I have noticed though these vans vary a fair bit in price.How much is the one you are looking at and is it from a dealer or private

regards andy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Paul there is only one thing i can recommend you have done before purchase that being a thorough damp test c/w report by an independent engineer.Swift seem no more prone to damp than the rest of the British tourers but in my experience 1998 was a bad year for certain models across the range.Or you must ensure to get a twelve month warranty on the 'van some dealers will only warrant the 'van for 3 or 6 months but will sell you a 12 month warranty underwritten by a seperate warranty company.Do use this option but make SURE you have the van fully serviced by an Approved engineer a few weeks before the warranty expires so notification of any problems can be done before the expiry date.Good Luck-Simon

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts