Swift Command touchscreen HELP!!!

May 29, 2018
Visit site
Hi all. Thought my battery was flat (still not sure if it is or not) but more pressing is that the swift touchscreen needed recalibration (unknown to me) and I just tapped anywhere. Now I’m struggling to make it do anything without using the app (which I don’t like)

Does anyone know how to set the blue screen up again so that I can recalibrate it correctly?

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Stee , it has been seen but mine control pad is touch button not touchscreen why not ring the place where you bought it from the technical service department they maybe talk you through it . You aint had it that long .

There's a few times I've rung straight up to ask them something and they've been know bother .

May 29, 2018
Visit site
Yep nice one.

Was surprised it had gone flat as I’m sure everything was off. It’s had about 3/4 weeks away at father-in-laws and the motor mover wouldn’t work although it is saying battery has good charge

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Don't know what it is about the batteries but we got ours in the May , got the motor mover fitted at the end of July and come the February ours had gone flat and everything was off on the inside , if it is flat complain as we got battery free of charge and upped to 13o amps

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
As has been said previously didn't know the Swift Command is touch screen,thought it was controlled by soft switches (like mine is).We have not activated any remote controls - switching on lights,heating etc (don't see the need for this remote control) we treat this as just a gimmick.Never had any problems.

May 29, 2018
Visit site
Hi. The 2019 models are touchscreen (like a big mobile phone above the door).

A quick call to Sargent remedied the situation. Basically a huge long press on the power (only) button until the calibration screen finally appears.

All back on track now!

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
I would have recommended calling Sargent Ste, but your previous post led me to believe that the only reason for your dilemma was a flat battery, and having establiehd that, all was OK !

I too have called Sargent on a couple of occasions. For those unfamiliar with the name, they are the main OEM electrical and electronic equipment supplier to the Swift group.

I found their customer service, attitude and helpfulness to be nothing short of exemplary. What I was even more surprised about was that as an OEM supplier, they welcome calls from Swift customers with technical questions and really go the extra mile in satisfying their cause, when they would be well within their rights to refer callers to either Swift’s helpline, or the dealer from where they purchased their van.

A real credit to the industry, and from my experience in terms of customer support, almost a very valuable USP for Swift group caravans (Unless Sargent are also the OEM suppler to any other UK caravan manufacturers ......... Anyone ?)

Reactions: Johnb
May 29, 2018
Visit site
Agreed - they were fantastic - it wasn'tthe battery (I don't think) but I couldn't get anything to work until I had hooked it up to the EHU cable back home. Then the motor mover worked. SO clearly something had caused the touchscreen to do a reset but not sure what.

Anyway - yes the guy from Sargent was excellent and the problem was sorted in 30 seconds.

Apr 13, 2020
Visit site
I was going to ask for help as my command screen was frozen however took the advice off here and one very long press on the on/off button set it for re-calibration it is now back up and running Techno fobe all sorted 👍🏻

Reactions: Parksy
Jul 6, 2020
Visit site
I had the same problem. Had it booked in for repair under warranty but found this discussion via a google search so I tried it and - hey presto! I have of course cancelled the repair now. Interestingly I first had a problem with my panel not responding properly some time ago after the battery went down below the required level and I got a call from the Swift Command centre in the middle of the night! Discovered that I needed to switch off my mains switch (black button) otherwise the solar panel didn’t provide enough charge to keep the battery at an adequate level!

Jul 6, 2020
Visit site
My iPad has frozen in my Swift caravan and I can’t type into anything can anybody help
I’m guessing you mean the Swift Control Panel. In which case it is probably the same problem I had, it needs recalibration. You need to press and hold (for a long time) the power button on your control panel until the calibration screen appears, then you can reset it.

Hope this helps.

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
I had the same problem. Had it booked in for repair under warranty but found this discussion via a google search so I tried it and - hey presto! I have of course cancelled the repair now. Interestingly I first had a problem with my panel not responding properly some time ago after the battery went down below the required level and I got a call from the Swift Command centre in the middle of the night! Discovered that I needed to switch off my mains switch (black button) otherwise the solar panel didn’t provide enough charge to keep the battery at an adequate level!

This is interesting Whistler. I was under the impression that the "mains switch" needed to be on for the solar panel to do its job. Since our van is stored at home and always linked to the mains obviously never had a problem with battery charge.
You do mean the black button on the thingy where the fuses live don't you?
I thought that if this was switched off then all 12v services to the van were terminated. That being the case I counted the solar panel as such a 12v service!
Seems I've got it wrong.

Jul 6, 2020
Visit site
This is interesting Whistler. I was under the impression that the "mains switch" needed to be on for the solar panel to do its job. Since our van is stored at home and always linked to the mains obviously never had a problem with battery charge.
You do mean the black button on the thingy where the fuses live don't you?
I thought that if this was switched off then all 12v services to the van were terminated. That being the case I counted the solar panel as such a 12v service!
Seems I've got it wrong.
Hi John

Yes that is the right button and it does seem that we both got it wrong because, like you, I assumed that nothing would work without that button on. You are right that nothing else seems to work with it off - even most of the remote control functions, but the alarm system and solar panel are both functional with it off and that is all that is really needed when it is parked at the storage yard.

The only thing you are able to do remotely is check the location but this also tells you the battery status - give it a try with the black button off and you’ll notice that the battery level is better when the sun shines so the solar panel has to be working!

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Whistler

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
Hi John

Yes that is the right button and it does seem that we both got it wrong because, like you, I assumed that nothing would work without that button on. You are right that nothing else seems to work with it off - even most of the remote control functions, but the alarm system and solar panel are both functional with it off and that is all that is really needed when it is parked at the storage yard.

The only thing you are able to do remotely is check the location but this also tells you the battery status - give it a try with the black button off and you’ll notice that the battery level is better when the sun shines so the solar panel has to be working!

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Whistler

It does help Whistler. Thank you.

Sep 26, 2023
Visit site
Just incase this helps anyone in future - our swift command touchscreen panel (2019) had issues. At first it kept activating for no reason every few minutes. Then the buttons wouldn't respond. We did the blue screen recalibration, turned off the power to reset..nothing was working.
We managed to fix it by turning the power off (black button under the sofa) for 5 mins, switch it back on & adjusting the advanced settings on the command panel. It turns out the heating option was set to "Aldi"... but our moho has "truma" heating. And the fridge selected was wrong too. Once we corrected these the screen worked properly again. Haven't seen this info anywhere else so thought I'd post incase it helps anyone else!

TRENDING THREADS