Swift door blind

May 12, 2021
Visit site
We have a 2017 swift challenger 580 . The cord in the door blind has frayed and now broken resulting in the blind not fully closing. Has anyone had the same problem and how did it get repaired?
I have just visited Salop caravans who have quoted me £127 and a lead time of 42 days for a new blind plus £93 / hour labour.
My annual service is almost cheaper than that!

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I agree, I reckon it would be a doddle of a job to fit, but the lead time is crazy. Ill say it again, any other industry barring the caravan industry wouldnt get away with it.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
It might be worthwhile trying a caravan breakers for the door blind and fitting it yourself.
Google 'caravan breakers', most of them have a mail order service.
Measure the old door blind to get the correct replacement.

May 12, 2021
Visit site
So far it doesn’t look as though anyone has repaired a door blind. Thanks for the responses. I’ll be removing the blind myself at some stage but in the meantime, if anyone has any info on the construction of these blinds, it would be appreciated especially how the cords are strung.
cheers!

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
So far it doesn’t look as though anyone has repaired a door blind. Thanks for the responses. I’ll be removing the blind myself at some stage but in the meantime, if anyone has any info on the construction of these blinds, it would be appreciated especially how the cords are strung.
cheers!

Give YouTube a look at. I think some caravan manufacturers use common door parts made by the likes of Hartal.. Therefore you may not be restricted to Swift if you need to replace..

I have had my blind off before today as it was jamming. The whole assembly prized off easily and servicing was then easy. You can also then see how just the blind itself can be changed without needing to do the whole assembly.

Try Googling Hartal.

John

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
The transverse cords seem to fray on the Hartal door blind where they go into the frame, maybe a design fault with sharp edges - replacing the whole blind was done under warranty for my 2013 Lunar so the issue has been around a while.

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Not true about lead time. Brexit and the Virus plus maybe the blocked Canal have caused the perfect storm and lead time on many things is awful-cars being one!
If your part is in this country maybe you're ok but good luck if it's on back order from elsewhere-friend has a Mitsubishi phev and they have a known heater matrix issue-4 months minimum waiting time with no heater/air con.

We have a puncture and have now been waiting a week for the replacement tyre.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts