Swift Smart 3 Construction

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Amazing to read the latest Products now come with a lifetime water ingress Guarantee. T&Cs no doubt apply but what a quantum leap in the caravan industry.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Amazing to read the latest Products now come with a lifetime water ingress Guarantee. T&Cs no doubt apply but what a quantum leap in the caravan industry.

It doesn't mean they wont leak. just that subject to the T&C's the manufacturer will repair.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
Dustydog said:

It doesn't mean they wont leak. just that subject to the T&C's the manufacturer will repair.
True but one has to assume Swift have enough confidence in their latest build to offer the unprecedented life time warranty.
It will play a big part in my future choice B)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
ProfJohnL said:
Dustydog said:

True but one has to assume Swift have enough confidence in their latest build to offer the unprecedented life time warranty.

Assuming that it will be transferable. Swift should make it transferable as it gives their caravans an edge in the used market too. Be interesting to see the T&C.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Parksy said:
https://www.swiftgroup.co.uk/owners/warranty/caravans-2019
The extended warranty isn't transferrable and is subject to the usual T&Cs with regard to time limits and authorised dealers.

Well as the majority of owners don’t keep a van for 10 years the lifetime warranty is about as useful as the one Vauxhall offered. Since most new vans have 10 year water ingress warranty anyway the only one likely to benefit for a lifetime one is DD. :)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
otherclive said:
Parksy said:
https://www.swiftgroup.co.uk/owners/warranty/caravans-2019
The extended warranty isn't transferrable and is subject to the usual T&Cs with regard to time limits and authorised dealers.

Well as the majority of owners don’t keep a van for 10 years the lifetime warranty is about as useful as the one Vauxhall offered. Since most new vans have 10 year water ingress warranty anyway the only one likely to benefit for a lifetime one is DD. :)
Very disappointed with that. Thanks Parksy,.
The Wyoming is bone dry, ten years old from new and still ticks the boxes. Think I’ll stick with it as a “sees you through job”!
I fantasised Swift had offered something very special. Obviously not :(

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dustydog said:
ProfJohnL said:
Dustydog said:

I would agree, and if they really believed it they would without exception transfer the benefits to any subsequent owners, but no! it seems just as before they are not confident about their designs or production techniques.

and life time does not mean life time, I do wish companies would use proper English in teh way it is intended rather than twisting meanings to hoodwink unsuspecting members of the public.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
Dustydog said:
ProfJohnL said:
Dustydog said:

I would agree, and if they really believed it they would without exception transfer the benefits to any subsequent owners, but no! it seems just as before they are not confident about their designs or production techniques.

and life time does not mean life time, I do wish companies would use proper English in teh way it is intended rather than twisting meanings to hoodwink unsuspecting members of the public.

To draw a comparison with Kia and their 7 year warranty, if you buy Kia Approved under two years old and 20000 miles Kia reset the warranty back to 7 years. There’s confidence in your product. When I bought my first Sorento it had 60000 miles and 3 years, whilst in the USA it was 10 years
and 100000 miles so on that basis I bought the Sorento.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Given that very few people keep a caravan more than 5 years and even less beyond 10, the warranty is little more than what most of us have now. Even those who do go beyond 10 years are unlikely to have it maintained to the standards Swift require, so to me it is a gimmick.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Raywood said:
Given that very few people keep a caravan more than 5 years and even less beyond 10, the warranty is little more than what most of us have now. Even those who do go beyond 10 years are unlikely to have it maintained to the standards Swift require, so to me it is a gimmick.

Raywòod i think you are correct, we have found our favourite caravan so far that tick all the boxes, for us. So are happy to keep it. But as we have a leak free van, I am now thinking as it is 6/7 years old and out of warranty, I can now modifie it to what I want. Roof sealing tape on the roof etc. And shelfs inside for cups of tea near to the bed for the boss. A lot to be said once you find a good van that suits yourselves.

Reactions: otherclive

TRENDING THREADS