Swift Verona Tyre Pressures

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi There,

I have a 1998 Swift Verona and I need advice on tyre pressures.
The maximum authorised weight on the plate on the caravan is 1150KG
The info I have from the tyres are 175R13 C. Max load single 730KG at 450KPA, 1609 LBS at 65 PSI, max load duel 890KG at 450KPA, 1521LBS at 65PSI

Does that mean my tyre pressure should be 65PSI max, or is that in total? I.e 32.5 PSI per tyre?
I guess when I put the air hose on at the garage the current reading would answer my question?!

I have had the van a few years now and only recently they look like they could do with a little air.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Andrew

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
If you have a single axle van then with a max weight of 1150kg there is an average weight of 575 kg on each tyre. Therefore tyre pressure should be about 575 divided by 730 times 65, ie 51 psi. Measure the pressure when the tyres are cold.

You should check the tyre pressures BEFORE the start of EVERY journey, not leave it a few years. This ensures both your safety and that of other road users.

If you've had the same tyres for several years then there are probably beyond their safe life, generally said to be 7 years max. You can check their date via the date code marked on the tyre in the form XXYY, where XX is the week number starting in January and YY is the last 2 digits of the year.

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi Woodlands Camper,

Thanks that's fantastic.

I do regularly visibly check the condition of the tyres and they look sound, no cracking whatsoever. My friend who collected the van for me was the last person to inflate them.

The bad news is the tyres appear to have been manufactured at the end of November 2005 as there is a 4705 mark on them.

I will look at getting them replaced ASAP, although we had planned to go away this weekend :(

Thanks ever so much for the speedy reply.

Cheers
Andrew

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi Andrew......I have a 1995 Swift Challenger with a MTPLM of 1150kgs and it is sitting on the same specification tyres as yours.
I use a cold tyre pressure of 51 psi .........so I am just agreeing with Woodland Campers advice.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
............if you are working to that level of accuracy then you need to know the accuracy of the pressure gauge and the exact temperature of the tyre.
Most will not have that information :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts