Swift warranty

Apr 2, 2009
Visit site
We have owned Ace Awards for 7 years and have loved them and are disappointed that your have discontinued this model. Our presnt van is almost 4 years old so we decided to buy a new one deal done on a Sterling Eccles Moonstone so we took our caravan in today and guess what all change is damp at the rear. This van has been serviced in accordance with requirements so you can imagine our shock. The dealer has quoted about £700 for the work we cannot believe a van of the age should have water ingress through the back seams had this van been a later model we would have been covered by the 6 year warranty my question is were older vans expected to leak hence the reduce 3 year warranty. I would like to buy a new van but my husband is nw thinking of cancelling the order. I await your comments.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Valerie

I've got an Abbey 418gts that I bought new from Discover (formerly Mendip) in Newport in March 2007. That has the Swift Group 6 year warranty. I took it back to them for its second service 2 weeks ago and guess what?... Water ingress around the rear nearside window.

So I don't think that they are made any better.

What's even more dissapointing is that I had to take the van away still faulty and wait until the warranty paperwork is processed which, I'm told, should hopefully, be within 4 weeks. Then it can be dealt with.

Meanwhile the 'van can leak a bit more water for the next, possibly, 6-7 weeks.

The 'van has been generally faultless. But then most components are made by others (Thetford, Carver, etc.) The assembly, by Swift, it would appear hasn't.

I'm obviously dissapointed that a 2 year old van has damp in it but even more dissapointed with the warranty situation. I would have, not unreasonably, thought that the damp could have been dealt with at the same time as the service. As all that is required, so I'm told, is the window needs resealing.

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
How often does one hear of a part exchange deal being done then, come the day, the dreaded damp is found.

Or am I being cynical ?

TRENDING THREADS