Swift Window Blinds and Mechanisms

Sep 11, 2022
Visit site
Just bought ourselves our first family caravan, its 15 years old, fully serviced and in really good nick.
The only problem so far I can see is some of the window wheels have snapped off through prolonged use so some windows are not able to be anchored open. And also on some, the flyscreens/blinds have come apart also.
Does anybody know where I can get new mechanisms for the windows? I've looked on the net and full mechanisms are £200+ for some.
Also has anyone ever fitted roller blinds in a caravan as a cheaper alternative to the original system?
Any thoughts or recommendations would be much appreciated.
Tia
😊😊😊

The van is a Swift Charisma 570

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
If you mean the knobs to tighten and hold the window ajar I have not seen these individually but you can buy the window stays complete unless you know someone with a 3D printer in which case replicating the knob should be an easy job!
There have been some earlier threads about replacing the material in roof light blinds so another member might guide you on repairing or replacing blinds - the units are not cheap as you say!

Sep 11, 2022
Visit site
If you mean the knobs to tighten and hold the window ajar I have not seen these individually but you can buy the window stays complete unless you know someone with a 3D printer in which case replicating the knob should be an easy job!
There have been some earlier threads about replacing the material in roof light blinds so another member might guide you on repairing or replacing blinds - the units are not cheap as you say!
I've actually managed to find the knobs, £10 each on amazon or £8.50 each on ebay. The whole system is really expensive to buy so we're looking into fitting a cheaper home roller blind that will clip to the bottom of the window when pulled down.

Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
I've actually managed to find the knobs, £10 each on amazon or £8.50 each on ebay. The whole system is really expensive to buy so we're looking into fitting a cheaper home roller blind that will clip to the bottom of the window when pulled down.
I used those on my old caravan, they were fine. Not as good as the originals and I remember one not working properly but that could have been from me not fitting it correctly (memory is a bit flaky these days )
think they were about half that price 5 years ago though !

As for the blinds, what is the issue? there are loads of guides on YouTube on how to repair them.
I have fixed the bathroom and Kitchen blinds that kept getting stuck and re-threaded the huge front blind/flyscreen on our Bailey Pegasus , I hate to think how much a replacement for that would have been.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If it is the knobs on the opening mechanism I think only the full mechanism can be bought although if you try SFM or other breakers you might find one or two. If you replace the mechanism though do check which you have as there are two different versions according to the dealer near us when we asked about them. He said bring in the broken one to make sure you get the right one.
They just screw in so no problem fitting them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts