Swift window blinds

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
For those of you that followed our Lunar saga, we are away in our 2019 Swift and so far so good, everything seems to work and apart from one screw nothing has fallen off.One observation, Swift fit the windows with concertina type blinds with parallel strings running down the middle of the windows,as a result there are 2 vertical rows of holes across each window, leading to 2 rows of light when the blinds are in use,we could draw the curtains, but there are no curtains in the bedroom area, arguably the window that needs the blinds most, perhaps an example of manufacturers not using their vans themselves? All the blinds on the roof lights do not have any strings/holes in the middle so seems it is just a quirk best known to Swift.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
And they are considered the desirable option? I've had many thoughts on the designers not actually ever using a caravan.

I have the 'cheaper' blinds which are the roller type; no visible light through the blinds, so you can drop the fly-screen fully and then shade the top of the window with the blind. Only downside is that they leave a gap at the bottom letting in light and determined insects.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Obviously having nearly the same van as you see CA' , our bug nets on the blinds were exhausted when we were in France with the heat and down nearly all day everyday and windows wideopen just to try and get a breeze through but done their job and kept the pesky things out !

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Obviously having nearly the same van as you see CA' , our bug nets on the blinds were exhausted when we were in France with the heat and down nearly all day everyday and windows wideopen just to try and get a breeze through but done their job and kept the pesky things out !

Makes me wish I had something similar for the windows at home! But I think an air conditioner would be a sweet accessory - It was 30c in the Brecon Beacons on the B/H weekend... the fridge was struggling as the vent side was in the sun all day... Was looking at the units with A/C units with envious eyes (especially the massive a-class motorhome with 2 on the roof!).

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
CustardAvenger said:
Craigyoung said:

Makes me wish I had something similar for the windows at home! But I think an air conditioner would be a sweet accessory - It was 30c in the Brecon Beacons on the B/H weekend... the fridge was struggling as the vent side was in the sun all day... Was looking at the units with A/C units with envious eyes (especially the massive a-class motorhome with 2 on the roof!).

My little £2 fan from Ikea positioned on the kitchen worktop pointing down to our bed done me , cheaper !! :p

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
CustardAvenger said:
Craigyoung said:

My little £2 fan from Ikea positioned on the kitchen worktop pointing down to our bed done me , cheaper !! :p

:lol: forecast was for cloud and cool temps... we'd left the fan at home!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts