switch panel

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi Everyone.
I am new to the forum and just bought my first caravan which is a 2003 Compass corona 505.
I have nearly got my head around how things work, except for the two switches underneath the controls for the water and cabin heater.
Could someone tell me what they do please?

Many thanks.
Andy.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi Andy ..I would have thought a helpful Techie would have popped in by now.Im not sure but is one switch for the pump and the other for the heater .Im not sure at all but you may be able to get this info if you Google it.Sorry cant be more helpful
Sir Roger

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
r2andy said:
I have nearly got my head around how things work, except for the two switches underneath the controls for the water and cabin heater.
Could someone tell me what they do please?

Is it possible you could take a photo of the switches and post it here?

Click here for info on posting photos.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
WC Has the right Idea with photogaphs.It maybe that they are Isolation switches.But again photos are handy.I thought maybe Damian may have been along by now to assist.
Sir Roger

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Right Andy I know not everbody is able to post pictures on heree I cant for one.so go to google and type in Owners handbook 2003 Elddis .Dont be put of by the Eldddis bit as Compass come under the same group ( Explore) when you get to the homepage of the Edldiis handbook scroll down and you come to the drawing of the switch panel and Im fairly sure now that one is to operate the pump and one as I said in my last post the other for the heating. Obviously none of them work unless you are on hook up.. After saying that if you connect a pump up to your water barrel you can test the pump as that will be on the 12 vol side of your power.and of course heating will only work from hook up.
Regards Sir Roger

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
Thank you all for the help.
The switch for the pump is on a separate panel. The two im not sure about are directly under the Truma water heater and cabin heater controls.
After having a read online i think they maybe for having the heat and water run on 230v.
Will try and get some pictures tonight.
Thanks again.
Andy.

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
I have a 2000 Elddis. It has switches for water heater and heating - the heating is just a conventional rocker switch and the water heater is the same but has a couple or push switches underneath for running on gas - one to switch on the ignition and one to switch off.

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi all.
I think they are the isolation switches for 230v. As each one is directly under each circular dial.
cant get any pictures until the week end.
Thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts