Switzerland

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We're off to Switzerland next Easter, for the first time. Will we need snow chains at this time of year? Are their any other special restrictions the Swiss impose? What's the towing/solo speed limit in Switz?

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
It depends where you go in Switzerland, Mike. If you stay clear of mountain passes, you'll be alright without chains but Easter could be dodgy without them if you intend to negotiate any higher altitudes.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I forgot to mention that the speed limits solo are: 50kph in built-up areas, 80kph outside, 100kph on dual carriageways and 120kph on motorways. When towing, the maximum is 80kph. Caravans may not use the left-hand lane when 3 lanes are provided in one direction. Vehicles climbing an ascent have right-of-way.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
At the beginning of a holiday to France I had decided to visit friends in Geneva. They gave me full instructions how to find their house in the centre of the city, and I also went armed with town maps from Viamichelin showing how to get there.

Fortunately I left the van in France.

It was drizzling when I arrived at the border using the motorway, and the directions that I had been given expected me to use this. Standing there was a woman with a bag around her neck like an old-fashioned bus conductress. I had wrongly assumed that travel around major towns would be free as it is in France.

Wrong. The clippie told me that I had to have a 'Vignette' to go on the motorway - cost

TRENDING THREADS