Sygic Caravan Navigation App

Nov 12, 2021
Visit site
My car has a satnav and Apple Carplay. With Carplay I use Waze and Google Maps, Waze is actually owned by Google since 2013 but the algorithms both apps use are different, meaning they deal with traffic volume and delays in different ways. I like Waze for the live update feature however neither Waze or Google Maps have the facility to choose the type and dimensions of the vehicle you are driving. Therefore, the alternative route they provide may be completely unsuitable if you're towing a caravan or driving a large vehicle.
Sygic currently has quite a good deal on their caravan app, I was just wondering if anyone is using it and what are your thoughts
?
Thanks.

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
I have the plain car version of Sygic. It's ok but like most others I've tried it still has some mysterious routes at times.

I don't find the user interface that good and much prefer Tomtom Go. Even that throws a fit at times and the computer generated voice gives us much laughter.

Nov 12, 2021
Visit site
Thanks Sam.
after doing some digging I've discovered that a majority of Sygic users who pay for the premium version are extremely dissatisfied. I'm going to stick with what I know with an up-to-date road map as backup.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I used a Garmin and programmed my desired route on the PC using Basecamp then downloaded it to the satnav. But always had back up of Google Map printouts plus like yourself I printed the Google Maps and also had up to date atlas. I was always very wary if the satnav offered me an alternative route because the desired route may have a hold up for some reason. If the opportunity to take the alternative route allowed sufficient time to assess it by atlas then I may have considered taking it, but in the main I stuck to the desired and preplotted route.

Now I’m spoilt for choice…. Car has to Tom Tom, Apple Maps and Googke Maps plus I can still mount the Garmin satnav.

Reactions: Paullus1959

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts