Nov 4, 2006
Visit site
please can anyone help me, ive just bought a Tabbert Comtesse, oops, and didnt realise all the stigma that comes with em. I got no paperwork with it (im new to all this caravaning stuff and was told you didnt get paperwork with em) i now cant get it insured and dont know what the model and year it is (cant read german). What a fool, i no, any help will greatly appreciated. regards chris

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Chris, sorry to hear of your problems, and problems they certainly are!!

Whoever you bought the van from is probably laughing all the way to the bank,sorry to be so cynical.

No paperwork "Usually" means STOLEN.

Even if it is not stolen, it is probably 2.5mtrs wide so you will need a commercial vehicle to tow it legally, something like a Sprinter van.

You cannot tow it legally with ANY normal car or 4X4 available in the UK, none have a GVW of 3500kg, which is the minimum you need.

Nov 4, 2006
Visit site
thanx for your reply Damien. I know the guy I bought it off, sort of, and he assures it wasn't stolen. that's why I bought it from him, on trust. I just need to decipher the info that is stamped on the chassis to work out what year it is, please there must be another tabbert owner out there that can point me in the rite direction. thanx again mate

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts