Take heart

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Mixture of wintering flowers plants coming up and they make a nice picture
Yes the garden is starting to come into life which is good. Off today to plant a tree for my daughter as it’s too large now for its container. Then turn my attention to our garden this week. The new borders I put in last year filled up beautifully but I now need them larger. And to think that we moved here for a smaller easier to manage garden! But our watering maid has asked me to reduce the number of containers 😂

Reactions: Beachball
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes the garden is starting to come into life which is good. Off today to plant a tree for my daughter as it’s too large now for its container. Then turn my attention to our garden this week. The new borders I put in last year filled up beautifully but I now need them larger. And to think that we moved here for a smaller easier to manage garden! But our watering maid has asked me to reduce the number of containers 😂
Hi otherclive a smaller garden is nice putting favourite plants in and easier to care for still give the same pleasure throughout the seasons.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Signs of spring can be seen in the garden, along with this is a hope for the end of this period in our lives. It feels good to see flowers etc coming through.

Attachments

• DSC02978.JPG
    DSC02978.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: otherclive
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Looking at the garden and seeing all the spring flowers and buds coming .. Gentle colours and buds on the trees showing such promise glad to say all the signs are for summer

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Tree damage is more prevalent in some areas more than others, and this is largely down to the soil. Clay soil contracts and expands far more than others causing movement at the base of the building and great care and good foundations are needed if trees are about. The basic point on trees in these areas is that the tree should not be nearer the house than the height of the tree, although as John says some are more of a problem than others.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
After a couple of hours gardening thought this picture shows the product of this, relaxing and really nice to sit and watch the world go by. It shows there is light at the end of the tunnel for all of us.

Attachments

• DSC02987.JPG
    DSC02987.JPG
    1,005 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: JezzerB

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
After a couple of hours gardening thought this picture shows the product of this, relaxing and really nice to sit and watch the world go by. It shows there is light at the end of the tunnel for all of us.

Beachball, your gardens looking good - enjoy it.

Up hear near the artic circle - well Highlands really - spring comes a little later and there's not much in bloom in the garden at the moment. Tasks at the moment are putting in some drainage in our terraced borders that get very wet. A mucky job and I've nearly lost my boots a couple of times as they stick in the mud.

We've seen one lamb in the adjacent croft and a few wild primroses in the hedge rows so spring is perhaps around the corner.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Beachball, your gardens looking good - enjoy it.

Up hear near the artic circle - well Highlands really - spring comes a little later and there's not much in bloom in the garden at the moment. Tasks at the moment are putting in some drainage in our terraced borders that get very wet. A mucky job and I've nearly lost my boots a couple of times as they stick in the mud.

We've seen one lamb in the adjacent croft and a few wild primroses in the hedge rows so spring is perhaps around the corner.
Hope all the hard work brings success, the work was put in over the last few years so that the garden could nearly care for itself. Now it is just maintaining and replacing plants that have not survived the winter period. there is always something to do just not as manually as you appear to have at present. Good luck with the job with a good return on it over the coming seasons.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We never put "Stuff that grows" to much in the ground around the fences of the grass, as when we go away in the caravan it all goes dead.

And as in a joke I have seen.

A m an, calls up his water supplier and asks why it costs him £75 a month for his water supply, when he can supply water to a village in Africa, for £3 a month.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The flowers we put in the garden are all brought in sales they have to be very hardy because our two dogs like to play and looking at it now it has done very well to each its own

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Things change so quickly, the Magnolia has suddenly burst into flower with the warmer weather. View is the top part of the garden, the lower part, through the gate opens into a double width plot, is work in progress !!SAM_0762-1.jpg

Reactions: Parksy
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Had the barbeque out on the patio on Sunday so things are looking up. Forecast for next few days though not so good, but it was nice to sit out for once.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts