Tallington Lakes

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This is a very active water park near Stamford in Lincolnshire. I've seen some of the reviews on UK campsite and wondered if there are any more comments forum users would like to make. We are anticpating staying for a weekend in August as birthday treat for our 12 year olds birthday.

thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lolly, i picked that up from the UK campiste reviews, but thanks for taking the time to reply. I live in Peterborough so its very close to me but have never been there since the lakes were dug out for gravel for the concrete factory close by about 35 yhears ago. They used to have bonfire night celebrations like you've never seen and at the end of the night bulldozers would push the bonfire into the lakes. Oh, those were the days

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Neil

They have two dry ski slopes at Tallington where you can either have ski lessons or tobbogan on them just right for a 12 year old.

We take the Guides there evry year as their winter treat and we have even camped there as well.

I have never been with the caravan but the site looks clean and tidy and yes we used to go to the bonefire when the children were young.

There is a restaurant and play area inside for the children of all ages and they used to do a superb carvery at the weekend.

I would give them a call and find out what activities are available for your birthday treat as I do not think it just has to be on the water.

By the way the railway should not cause a problem it is well away from the site. But there is a good pub next to the railway crossing.

Hope this sheds a bit more light on the site.

Good luck with the birthday. Joyce

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts