Tan Y Bryn Farm CS, Llandudno Junction

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi

Does anyone know this site?

We're off tomorrow to Tan y Bryn Farm for the first time.

What's the access like? The gateway looks a bit tight and seems to be angled back to the direction of the approach on Google Streetview. We're towing a 7.2 metre caravan. We're approaching by the recommended route with the site on the right hand side - it seems all other routes to the site are too narrow for caravans.

Thanks in anticipation
Tim

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi Phil

Sorry to have been so slow to reply, but we have been away touring in N Wales with poor internet access.

We stayed at Tan -Y Bryn for 7 nights. The approach to the site is not too bad single track for some of the last mile or so but with passing places. It's not too steep either. The entrance to the site IS challenging as the gateway is almost 180 degrees to the drive so it's a tight turn. On our arrival I got round by taking the advice given me on CT forum to leave the turn to the last moment and swing it very wide. Even so Sorento was right up to the drive bank on the nearside as I turned and the 'van's offside cleared the gate by about 6 inches. Cary was out a "backsman" on this turn and was getting rather worried!!! A later c'van arrival had to unhitch and use his motor mover.

The site is a pleasant, basic one with views out over Rhos to the sea beyond. Dave the owner is very friendly and always out and about and ready for a chat. Dave does, however, rather UNDERESTIMATE difficulty of getting through the gate - I had phoned him before going and he said it was "a piece of cake". NOT in my opinion and I've nearly 20 years' towing experience all over the UK and Continental Europe. He is, however, willing to come and personally give assisance at either entry or exit to the site.

On exit I asked for Dave's advice and he told me to keep to the centre of the drive on the turn out and doing this I was able to manage the turn, the car nearside was, however, very close to the hedge on the road as I completed the turn.

There are a couple of other routes to/from the site but they are NOT c'van friendly so if you go stick to the directions in the CCC Big Site Book.

I hope this helps you.

Regards
Tim

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi Phil
Our c'van is a single axle 7.2 metres long and 2.28 metres wide and the Sorento is 4.59 metres long and 1.865 metres wide.
You're fortunate I got your post as I am parked outside Benllech library using their free wi-fi out of hours!!
Regards
Tim

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts