Tap microswitches

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Can't seem to find the right microswitch for my taps. The van is a 1999 Elddis crusader storm witch has these single lever type taps. They are not the Whale range and are made of chromed metal. The microswitch has two wires going into the body of the switch and seems to be a waterproof type. All the switches I've found on various web sites seem to have spade terminals. Anybody know what make of taps could mine be. Thanks

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
I'm not an expert on Elddis but what you describe sounds like Riech taps. Maybe not, if they are I haven't ever seen microswitches for Riech, but as Towsure stock Riech they may be able to help.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm not an expert on Elddis but what you describe sounds like Riech taps. Maybe not, if they are I haven't ever seen microswitches for Riech, but as Towsure stock Riech they may be able to help.
I got shot of my microswitches absolute pain. got one central

pressure switch and had no more problems - just disconnect them from the main 12v unit and fit a central one in its place and then just rely on drop in pressure to switch on/off, saves

all the aggro.

Mar 9, 2006
Visit site
From previous experience, the best way to find the correct m/switch is to remove the complete tap and take it along to a 'van dealer-he will have all the appropriate catalogues to browse through.There are so many taps that are lookalike, it's only when you have the tap off that you stand a chance of getting the correct switch.

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Thanks Eddie... The bottom one on that web page is the right one. This is some site....I spent all yesterday evening trying to find a caravan web site that showed a photo of this microswitch. Thanks to everyone for their imput.. MAGIC

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts