Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
On our last trip the tea being made using the local water was tasteless.We used the teabags we use at home where our local water is soft (we never experience limescale).Couldn't wait to get a decent cup of tea.
What do others do - use local tea eg Yorkshire etc..How does one know what to expect and use to get a decent cup of tea?

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Local water affecting the flavour of your tea!

Yes, I agree, the available water can significantly affect the taste of the tea, no problem for me now.

I drink beer instead ;)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Anseo said:
Local water affecting the flavour of your tea!

Yes, I agree, the available water can significantly affect the taste of the tea, no problem for me now.

I drink beer instead ;)

Drink maybe Three cups a week , without milk, , I stick to water Wine or beer. My Sister in law Can't undertsand myself. She drinks about a half a gallon of tea a day.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have had to buy bottled water for the dogs to drink as the water was too chlorinated.
So for the Tea drinkers, it must have been awful. .

May 24, 2014
Visit site
On our last trip the tea being made using the local water was tasteless.We used the teabags we use at home where our local water is soft (we never experience limescale).Couldn't wait to get a decent cup of tea.
What do others do - use local tea eg Yorkshire etc..How does one know what to expect and use to get a decent cup of tea?

We tried those new teabags, specially made for caravanners, but they tasted awful and made our teeth blue.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
22:28, time for another glass of wine, and get back into the hottub, in a light drissle. Fantastic. No tea in sight.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
23:2o'ish !! I drink quite a bit of coffee in the house and notice the difference when we are away in the caravan but that is only on a morning other than that I am away to chill out so it's normally lager and red wine (starting to sound bit like hutch) !! :p

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I like a good brew made with Lancashire tea it's the best tea in the world and can be brewed with water from anywhere, I' m just having another pint mug before I go out for a pint of Thwaites ale, brewed in Blackburn found a pub that knows what good beer is.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Yorkshire Tea for me. Glengetti is good too.
On one trip the tea tasted awful. Thought it was the water until we tried bottled water. Tea still awful. Then we boiled the water in a saucepan instead of the new plastic kettle; and discovered it was the kettle. We had already done the boil and discard x3 as per instructions, but even several more boil and discards did not seem to solve it. Ended up with a stainless steel kettle.
Mel

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Cant beat a cup of Darjeeling First Flush or Hathikuli Assam second flush. It's a work of art making it from loose leaf but very refreshing.
But most days its Red Label bags!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
23:2o'ish !! I drink quite a bit of coffee in the house and notice the difference when we are away in the caravan but that is only on a morning other than that I am away to chill out so it's normally lager and red wine (starting to sound bit like hutch) !! :p

Carefull Craig aiming to come up north soon, maybe Barnard castle, so beware. :p :p

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
There are too many variables. Quality of the water is fundamental , too much chlorine, lots of lime and then the tea bags vary. The bags are soaked in an aluminium salt to stiffen them. This can then react with chemicals in the water. Have you tried loose leaf tea? Mind you don't block the drain!!!

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I' m just having another pint mug before I go out for a pint of Thwaites ale,

Camel, urghh, Thwaites isnt fit for human consumption. I was brought up there drinking that and Whitbread, thank goodness I now have a beer education. Mind you, Thwaites is good for one thing, getting the flies off your windscreen.

Theakstons for me.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
waffler said:
There are too many variables. Quality of the water is fundamental , too much chlorine, lots of lime and then the tea bags vary. The bags are soaked in an aluminium salt to stiffen them. This can then react with chemicals in the water. Have you tried loose leaf tea? Mind you don't block the drain!!!

We tend to use tea bags for ‘routine’ cups of tea as they make up much quicker, being akin to dust. When I make up my loose leaf teas I use a cafetière and it brews for 3-5 minutes. With the loose tea I will get up to three brews from one cafetière as the second and third brews have a gentler taste. But I’m not like Donald Pleasence in The Great Escape where I reuse dried tea bags. I leave that money saving act to my father.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts