Team Work ?

Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
Hi all,
Just thought i would mention team work,me and the missis are new to caravaning but we seem to have got it sorted regarding setting up and packing up.

While i was having a beer last weekend a late arrival pulled up to the next door pitch.

The poor guy after eventually positioning his van after 20 mins faffing eventually started to set up.

His other half proceed to sit in the van, which didn't even have stabiliser legs down yet lol,after nearly 3 hrs the guy had every thing done ,good on him but still not one bit help from his partner !

Then what really made me laugh was he then put kettle on to make her a cuppa 😳

As i say Team Work is a godsend if it works 🤣🤣

Brian.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: JezzerB and Parksy
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I assume she was able bodied Brian.

We regularly went away with friends and the women had things sorted into blue and pink jobs. 😁

John

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
SWMBO and I have always divided the jobs up, I do the outside and she does the inside, which is good team work.

Of course if one partner is less able it may look one-sided - did you offer to help?

Reactions: JezzerB

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I have a few health and mobility issues so when setting up and packing down Herself sorts out the inside of the caravan and I plug away at my own pace until everything is sorted, by which time Herself has the kettle on to make us a nice cup of tea.
I sometimes get offers of help from fellow caravanners and but I normally politely refuse because I have my own routine which I stick to so that nothing is missed or forgotten.

Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
Yeh i totally understand ,i feel like i have a routine now, i would politely refuse help as well . Like you say we all have our own ways .

Reactions: Parksy
Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
When I reverse onto pitch my wife stays in car and keeps quite. When setting up the steps are first , then she gets in. Electrics when legs are down, followed by water. I then call out everything on. Whilst doing waste she is doing tea etc. After that it is the awning , again she is inside not wanting to hear me saying things. Perfected.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
In some ways i have problems with my lower limbs but i try to do my fair share my wife puts the legs down on the caravan and if the aquaroll needs filling she will do that and unload the car .and take the two dogs for a walk

Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
My other half wants to be able to do everything, she has even started reversing the van into the storage yard.

To be fair she nailed it lol.

Next is the toilet lol .

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The boss always has the beer or G and T ready as I put the last peg into the awning, after she has got the two Aqua rolls filled. Good teamwork.

Reactions: Fraseb01
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Our system is basically I do the outside work and my wife does the inside. While I put the legs down she takes the kettle and fills it, so that as soon as I have the electricity on she can put the kettle on. She sorts the inside and I add the water, waste etc.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Same here as Raywood.
Shes also inside looking after our (almost 15 year old)Shi-Tzu, Oscar until ive made the awning "escape proof"

Once its all set up its time for a cuppa.20200629_170439.jpg

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Yeps as a above-swmbo does the inside and me outside-although when I had new hips she did have to do the pit from evil a couple of times-not done since I've been fit again though. She does help with the awing round the rail as the bigger of the two is abit heavy!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts