Techi suggestion: Keeping track of contributions

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Does anyone else have a problem keeping track of threads that are of special interest to him or her?

The niggling problem is when ever a new post is made, that goes to the top of the index pages and drills down any preceding posts in the sites indexing. Keeping track of specific threads can be a nuisance.

Here is a suggestion; if the site developers could create a patch page that each contributor could download onto their own machines. The patch page could provide a shortcut to the forum, and be used to store the contributor's log on details. It could also provide a local point where contributors could create an index to particular threads like a "my special threads"

Each display page on the site could offer a radio button or tick box that places the address of the thread into the "My special threads", so the contributor can easily and quickly return to them when they log on again.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
A quick suggestion for now is to add a thread you are interested in to your favorites. Then you just need to manage your favortites in your browser. Maybe even put them into a folder of their own

Steve

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A quick suggestion for now is to add a thread you are interested in to your favorites. Then you just need to manage your favortites in your browser. Maybe even put them into a folder of their own

Steve
Sparks

Thanks for the suggestion - I already do this, but I have to edit each entry, it would be far simpler if there was a paersonalised "home page"

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts