Technical and General

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
1st General .Thanks to every body who replied to our problem while we were away.Problem has now been sorted it was the on board tank that was the problem.2nd Technical. I couldnt get a flo jet pump from our dealer with out placing an order £98 :eek:hmy: They had a Shurflo on the shelf at a bargain price so I have today fitted it to the van.I have to say the Shurflo when running is quieter than the flo jet but after the tap has been turned off pump runs on for about 3 seconds with a little knocking noise. I think it is Ok but. her Ladyship is not 100% happy hence this post.Once again thanks and I look forward to any answers to this one .I should have said is the over run and the knocking the norm on a shurflo pump
Sir Roger

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Sir Roger,
Nothing to worry about,our pump runs on after water tap is closed.It takes time to pressurise the pipes after the tap has closed.This opens the water pressure switch to stop the pump.If you have a leak the water pressure will drop,operate the pressure switch and start the pump.We must have a very small leak as the pump starts and runs for a few seconds maybe twice a year.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
SirRogerFFS said:
1st General .Thanks to every body who replied to our problem while we were away.Problem has now been sorted it was the on board tank that was the problem.2nd Technical. I couldnt get a flo jet pump from our dealer with out placing an order £98 :eek:hmy: They had a Shurflo on the shelf at a bargain price so I have today fitted it to the van.I have to say the Shurflo when running is quieter than the flo jet but after the tap has been turned off pump runs on for about 3 seconds with a little knocking noise. I think it is Ok but. her Ladyship is not 100% happy hence this post.Once again thanks and I look forward to any answers to this one .I should have said is the over run and the knocking the norm on a shurflo pump
Sir Roger
Glad you sorted the problem, Sir Roger.Just a little tip - if you mount your Shurflo on rubber mountings it will run almost silently.I used small round rubbers with a steel thread on each end, but can't remember where I got 'em! As bertie has said, the running on is normal, but I will say that the Shurflo is more sisceptible to pressure leaks than most other pumps. It doesn't even need to leak water, just leaking pressure is enough to make it buzz.
A little silly story: some time ago my pump failed when on a rally in France.A neighbour loaned me his spare, which I replaced when we got home.He remarked that his pump had cost him £80, at which he was a bit shocked.When I gave him the new one I'd just bought, I said that it was offer for only £50. To this day, he is convinced that I fiddled him out of £30! And he is quite serious, too.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
emmerson said:
SirRogerFFS said:
I should have said is the over run and the knocking the norm on a shurflo pump
Sir Roger

Glad you sorted the problem, Sir Roger.Just a little tip - if you mount your Shurflo on rubber mountings it will run almost silently.I used small round rubbers with a steel thread on each end, but can't remember where I got 'em!

Something like this would do ;)

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Sproket said:
emmerson said:
SirRogerFFS said:
I should have said is the over run and the knocking the norm on a shurflo pump
Sir Roger

Glad you sorted the problem, Sir Roger.Just a little tip - if you mount your Shurflo on rubber mountings it will run almost silently.I used small round rubbers with a steel thread on each end, but can't remember where I got 'em!

Something like this would do ;)

Spot on Sproket!

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everybody your replies are much appreciated my only concern is the knocking when you close the tap.its not loud but it is there .Emmerson Sprocket thanks for you comments the Shurflo is mounted on rubber legs and is quiet when running just as I said the knocking at the end .
Sir Roger

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts