Television in caravans

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
When ours were young we would give them 2/6 to go to the shops and get some sweets. I can still see the sweet little angelic smiles on their faces as they skipped off to the shops singing "mummy loves and daddy loves us - mummy loves and daddy loves us". By the time they had got back from the shop we had hooked up and left for the weekend in the van :O)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A quite CL, a bottle of wine, an easily prepared meal ( we do a mean previously prepared Lassagne) a good sunset then a lazy conversation about what to do the next day whilst the TV acts as "wallpaper".

We do not NEED the TV but we are used to having it.

I like having it with me on w/e's away.

Each to his own.

Anyone else missing the thought of a warm w/e break in their van? I bl**dy hate the winter.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
When our kids were young our caravan holidays were treated as time to do things with them.

We all watched tv at home and felt our holidays were different.

We went hillwalking,cycling,played games indoors and out also bought a decent inflatable dingy which gave us all hours of fun.

I have to say the kids never complained,they were to busy having fun and slept like angels.

They now do the same with their own kids who have all the trappings of tv,dvd,video,playstations etc at home but seem to survive a week or two without,withdrawal symptoms are minimal...

Now before some of you insert the cartridges into the shotgun,I am describing how we interacted with our kids and not critisising

how anyone else spends there time on holiday.

We are on our own now and we take tv,dvd as thats what suits us now..again to each his/her own.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi

I'd just like to re-iterate what I said earlier on ! I do take a tv and dvd, BUT my kids are NOT sat in front of it all day while away,what would be the point in going anywhere!?When away we are out all day,in Henley my two and four year olds had GREAT fun climbing White Horse Hill,!! Our holidays are full of days similar to that, but YES in the evening they will watch nemo or something,they sit still,wind down and more importantly stay nice and quiet, to play games at that time of night would be pointless as their brains have switched off!!!!! The film usually just gives them that final push into noddyland!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A quite CL, a bottle of wine, an easily prepared meal ( we do a mean previously prepared Lassagne) a good sunset then a lazy conversation about what to do the next day whilst the TV acts as "wallpaper".

We do not NEED the TV but we are used to having it.

I like having it with me on w/e's away.

Each to his own.

Anyone else missing the thought of a warm w/e break in their van? I bl**dy hate the winter.
I must admit Clive the thought of those warm evenings sitting outside the van with a glass in the hand seems a long way off at the moment. Our last two weekends away have been in heavy rain and gales !!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Reading the replies here regarding kids watching TV conjours up a mental image of young goats standing outside the caravn peering in at the TV. It is a pet hate of mine to hear adults referring to children as kids. Likewise I also do not like children referring to their parents as old man or old girl. Lets get back to respect for our children and elders. I suppose now I will once again be referred to as a grumpy old man - wont be the first or last time.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Sorry to annoy you so much Colin! It must be something to do with my strong Lancashire accent,please be flexible regarding how people talk,I have beautiful Children, not Goats !!!!

Tina xx

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tina please do not take my observations regarding children and kids to heart. I was generalising and not aiming the comment at any one in particular. It is not my intention to offend any person who contributes to this forum, especially a young lady. If you took my remark personaly I do offer you my sincere apologies. I should think by your previous postings that, should the children take after their mother, they are wonderful. In fact to any parent their child(ren) is/are wonderful.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Reading the replies here regarding kids watching TV conjours up a mental image of young goats standing outside the caravn peering in at the TV. It is a pet hate of mine to hear adults referring to children as kids. Likewise I also do not like children referring to their parents as old man or old girl. Lets get back to respect for our children and elders. I suppose now I will once again be referred to as a grumpy old man - wont be the first or last time.
Anyone seen Grumpy Colin lately? - oops there he is :O)

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Tina please do not take my observations regarding children and kids to heart. I was generalising and not aiming the comment at any one in particular. It is not my intention to offend any person who contributes to this forum, especially a young lady. If you took my remark personaly I do offer you my sincere apologies. I should think by your previous postings that, should the children take after their mother, they are wonderful. In fact to any parent their child(ren) is/are wonderful.
Great get out Colin mate ;O) lolol

G

Colin,

You need to stop being chauvinistic.There are no such things as young ladies anymore, nor gentlemen for that matter. We are all 'units' of the Great British society. And as Unit Number: 5666777321 of the North British Section I salute you.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Were you ever in the diplomatic corps Colin?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have never been in the diplomatic corps but I can have a damn good effort at grovelling having been married for 37 years to the same woman . I once took her to a wife swapping party but all I had in return was a box of used Swan Vestas.

G

Colin,

At least you could do soemthing useful with the box?

My best experience of diplomacy was in Saudi in 1999 when my wife joined me on an assignment. I went to meet her at the airport when she came rushing into the Arrivals lounge, without luggage, telling me I had to go back with her to Immigration and identify her as my wife?? Bemused, I followed her to this Immigration official who muttered' Is this woman yours?' I nodded and he said 'Take her and go' and stamped her passport. She has never forgiven me and vowed never to go there again. I never said a word about it, even when drunk. I know when my life matters!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts