Television reception

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Have a look on here it's easy to use just put your post code in where it says ( Buckingham Palace, UK ) leave the default satellite at 28.2E and press go !

It will bring up another page with a map on, you can click on the red icon and drag it to your house or if you have put a caravan site post code in for ( your proposed pitch ) at the top of the page it will give you the information of your location, the satellite data, and most useful of all the dish set up data, so if you have only a compass to work with you will be able to point the dish in the right direction.

Aug 17, 2008
Visit site
Lonesome-Whizkid said:
Ok, here's another question, Dusty, your weblink was unobtainable buddy, I kinda think this question is going to be totally irrelivant but it's got me wondering so I'll ask it. If you have a satellite dish and your watching sat tv and you've found a satellite signal and everything going good and your sitting comfortably in your van, feet up with a nice warm cuppa and your in for the night, this world that we live in revolves once every 24 hours doesn't it? well don't you need to keep re-aligning your dish to correct the signal? :sick: or do you end up getting Australian tv half way through the night lol. Someone gimme some of what he's on lol :woohoo: :silly: :p B)
At first I really thought this was a wind up!! Do you see anyone in your street popping out in the evening to re-align their sat dishes? As Dustydog says, the sats stay in the same place 'relative' to earth :)

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Dustydog said:
We had Sky 20 years ago because of poor home terrestrial t v.
For the last 13 years we have 66cm semi elliptic Max view dish, quad LNB.
Like Colin we take the Sky box away with us and have everything .
Never failed to get a signal yet even in the remote Scottish Highlands.
I have a Sat Finder app on my phone which is brilliant.
what you are looking at may not be as easy to use as advertised.

What sat finder app do you use? please

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts