Telford or near

Dec 3, 2007
Visit site
Hi. does anybody out there know of a touring site in or around telford that a good friend of mine can stay at between jan 10th till 1st march 2013. Thanks ...Nige

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi

There's a caravan site to the south of Shrewsbury near Oxon business Park, think its called Oxon caravan site - nice location, with a small supermarket not too far away. think the site is called Oxon caravan site. Site is not far from the A5/ M54, so easy access to Telford. There's also another caravan site to the north of Telford, at Cheswardine, the site is next to a canal and pub, a bit out in the country. Can't think of its name. Again would be easy to get to Telford as its not too far from the A49 Haven't stopped at either site but have driven past on route to meetings.

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
There are no club sites in the area. however there is an AS site at Bridgnorth- stanmore hall. Much nearer than Oxon Park but in the same ownership. Suggest you look at both club's websites and search on Much Wenlock, Bridgnorth, Wellington, Shifnal. There are plenty of CLs and Css in the area. (we live in telford so haven't used any.)

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
There is a small caravan park called Severn Gorge Park at Telford (Adults only) it is in Uk Campsites look at the reviews it might be suitable for his needs .

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Severn Gorge is very convenient for travel. It is next to the A 442 and about 3 miles from J 4 of M54. From here you have fast roads to all parts. ASDA for food and petrol is about 2 miles away down the A442.

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi
I am originally from the Telford area and have stayed at a number of sites over the years whilst visiting family:
(1) Severn Gorge a pleasant site which has been mainly given over to statics and bungalow holiday homes but still has some touring pitches. I can remember when it first opened, on the site which had been a colliery when I was was a local lad. As has already been said it is very close to main roads.
(2) Ebury Hill CCC site between Telford and Shrewsbury. A pleasant ruler site on a small hill, No toilet block. Opens 29/03 this year
(3) Leo's Farm CC CL site at Benthall on the outskirts of Broseley. A 5 van site which is open all year for CC members only. We stayed there earlier this year., Open all year but no toilet block just EHU, water and CDP.
(4) Presthope CC site at Much Wenlock is not far away from Telford, It opens on 1 April this year.
(5) Stanmore Hall CC AS site, Bridgnorth is not far away from Telford either
There are reviews of most of these in the UKC Campsite Search section - includes some of mine (Tim & Cary)
There are several CC CL and CCC CS sites in the countryside around Telford.
I hope this helps.
Tim

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi
I am originally from the Telford area and have stayed at a number of sites over the years whilst visiting family:
(1) Severn Gorge a pleasant site which has been mainly given over to statics and bungalow holiday homes but still has some touring pitches. I can remember when it first opened, on the site which had been a colliery when I was was a local lad. As has already been said it is very close to main roads.
(2) Ebury Hill CCC site between Telford and Shrewsbury. A pleasant ruler site on a small hill, No toilet block. Opens 29/03 this year
(3) Leo's Farm CC CL site at Benthall on the outskirts of Broseley. A 5 van site which is open all year for CC members only. We stayed there earlier this year., Open all year but no toilet block just EHU, water and CDP.
(4) Presthope CC site at Much Wenlock is not far away from Telford, It opens on 1 April this year.
(5) Stanmore Hall CC AS site, Bridgnorth is not far away from Telford either
There are reviews of most of these in the UKC Campsite Search section - includes some of mine (Tim & Cary)
There are several CC CL and CCC CS sites in the countryside around Telford.
I hope this helps.
Tim

TRENDING THREADS