tenby wales

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi we are looking for a nice site near tenby,we do not want a site that has fishing as my son is not safe near water as he has autism as it limits our choices a bit

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have a look at Kiln Park. It is a big site, just ouside Tenby, from recall, it has entertainment on site as well.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi! Sharron Our son has autism and we go to tenby often on weekends as we live in south wales,we can highly recommend TREFALUN PARK and MASTERLAND FARM both sites near Tenby and no water nearby.Our son also loves water not intended for recreation.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I must agree with John Clarke regarding Cross Park caravan site. It is a family owned site and a far more friendly atmosphere than Kiln Park which tends to be very large, tourers sited furthest from the entertainment complex (priority to statics), can be very noisy late at night with drunken behaviour and also very expencive (part of Bourne Liesure). I personally would not entertain this site.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
thank you for our advice on sites, i don't like big commercial sites, but i will have a look at the ones you have suggested,i am pleased to know that my son is not the only one that is not safe around water.

sharon

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Cross Park is practically opposite Masterland Farm.You should be aware that Cross Park does have an Open Air Swimming Pool. Also Kiln Park is a nono for us as it is far too busy for our son to cope with.

Mar 30, 2005
Visit site
A site that I have been to many times over the past 8 years or so is Rowston Holiday Park at New Hedges. The site is about 3miles from Tenby. They have a nice play area with soft floor around. We went to Kiln Park once, personally I would never go there again. A very large site with a lot of statics and a large club complex. But if that's what you want it's fine.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I see Kiln Park has been mentioned, we went there in june last year because we got a great deal not for the nightclubs and we had a great holiday. Yes it is a big park with statics but they were not near our tourer pitch. The camping/tourer area is huge but much of it is divided up by hedges giving a more intimate feel. The site warden was very enthusiastic and, with his team, maintained the facilities to a high standard and was very helpful with general queries. There is a (fairly small) outdoor pool and a useful shop but the main attraction is its location. Its just a 10 min stroll by the golf course to the beach and about 15 mins down the beach to Tenby ( or 10 mins if you go by the golf course footpath. The beach is huge and very quiet (almost empty when we were there) with beautiful views to the island and is great if ,like us , you want to give your dogs a good run. It slopes gently into the sea and should be very safe for small children. We did put our noses in the clubs just to see! Its not our sort of thing but everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. If you can get a good deal and go outside the school holidays like we did then it may be worth considering. Our only complaint was the fog from all the barbies at the weekend!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts