TERRANNO

May 4, 2005
Visit site
I've had 2 Mavericks 2.7's(Ford badged Terrano) and found them brilliant tow cars (1650 caravans). The 3 lt should be even better and I think returns more MPG.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi

got a terrano 3.0 sve on 53 plate and its awsome.towing a caravan (1250min-----1450max)average weight about 1350---1400kgs i get 25 mph.would definately recommend.have had no problems with it whatsoever.yes its a bit heavy on the juice compared to some family cars, but it drives and tows well.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi brian

yes they do seem to wear well,some of them have been well care for.as for the mpg,you are correct,the 3.0 litre is much better on fuel than the 2.7.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
As always Stinky a comment based on your very blinkered ,bias opinion. I notice that you praise the Kia Sedonna,how can that be ? Its not exactly the best vehicle for fuel economy is it. And then there are those very poor Ncap results.

Still as long as its not 4x4 !!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Type: 2.9 CRDi LE kia sedona

Fuel (urban): 25.7 mpg

Fuel (extra urban): 42.0 mpg

Fuel (combined): 34.4 mpg

Emissions: 217 g/km

Nissan terrano 3.0 sve Fuel consumption

Urban cycle 25mpg

Extra-urban 38.2

Combined 32.1

CO2 mass emission 232

yes there is a difference but not that much,the kia is also as are all cars detremental to the enviroment 217g/km isn't exactly brilliant is it - enough of that,i left this forum for a while as it got a bit childishly squabbly,please don't go that way again

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well done SP, looks like you have won. I caught the tail end of a news story on the radio this morning. Looks like the government are going ahead with the increased tax on large cars and 4x4s. I have made an appointment at the local hospital with regards to selling one of my kidneys. I need the money to pay for the increased road fund as a smaller car just wouldn't be safe to tow my van and I don't want to gamble with the lives of my family. Perhaps a Kia Sedona would work though; I know you have one, would you recommend them? Thinking back though, to the news item, they said that the increased tax would depend on a combination of fuel economy and engine emissions and if I remember correctly the Kia Sedona is actually worse than the Sorento where these two facts are considered.

Welcome to the club/clique S P, I'll let you know how the operation goes...

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well done SP, looks like you have won. I caught the tail end of a news story on the radio this morning. Looks like the government are going ahead with the increased tax on large cars and 4x4s. I have made an appointment at the local hospital with regards to selling one of my kidneys. I need the money to pay for the increased road fund as a smaller car just wouldn't be safe to tow my van and I don't want to gamble with the lives of my family. Perhaps a Kia Sedona would work though; I know you have one, would you recommend them? Thinking back though, to the news item, they said that the increased tax would depend on a combination of fuel economy and engine emissions and if I remember correctly the Kia Sedona is actually worse than the Sorento where these two facts are considered.

Welcome to the club/clique S P, I'll let you know how the operation goes...
Sorry Klarky, I typed all that out before I saw your plea. But I thought "I'm not wasting 1/2 an hour of my life for anybody"!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ah! I often have to admonish people for not paying attention to detail. It is dificult.

But in your case I believe it is the subject matter you have problems with.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Can you explain Pete, you have a company car. Yet you set company policy as the founder if I have it right.

Can't quite see your point on large car tax, when the sedona has a bigger engine and is bigger than many 4X4,s.

As you seem to suggest that you are in clover as your car is company owned, I assume that all your good judgement and care for the environment is based on you hiding behind company car policy and dodging tax's. Green policy and nice little family runabout, but I can "hide" the big fat Sedona as its a company car.

What are you on man, one minute it's your car, then it's the "company car", then you own the company and set company policy.

Another company owner sitting on his morals and hiding behind any tax break he can wriggle under it would seem.

Sounds like you work for an unsound shifty employer mate.

Seems like he's screwing the system whilst preaching, get out before he screws you! ;-)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You are both correct! The tax rules on company cars is such that a Sedonna (as good as it is) is a rather poor choice.

This is all just another makebelieve from an increasingly desperate individual.

To be honest I am actually rather concerned for the wellbeing of the individual - after all is this behaviour anything close to the norm?

Mar 12, 2006
Visit site
hi

got a terrano 3.0 sve on 53 plate and its awsome.towing a caravan (1250min-----1450max)average weight about 1350---1400kgs i get 25 mph.would definately recommend.have had no problems with it whatsoever.yes its a bit heavy on the juice compared to some family cars, but it drives and tows well.
Hi i had a terrano 2.7 found it heavy on fuel

for the milage i do ,sixty pounds you would be lucky to see 330 miles return , but never broke down once.

Ian

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts