That's a funny thing!

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
All ready to leave the site 0900 Sunday morning. Go to unhook the mains. Try to open the battery compartment door and it just falls open. The locking mechanism inside the door all falls out along with the plastic legs that should be attached to the inside of the door. Came home with the door gaffer taped closed. Have just finished replacing the whole door. Did someone try to force the door on the site? It must have happened at that site as I would have noticed when I hooked up/unhooked the time before. Did the door fail over time - van is 4 years old? Surely I would have noticed? :unsure:

Nov 29, 2017
Visit site
That must have been quite a shock for you especially in a relatively new van, I personally would consider contacting the outlet where you purchased her, it could be that someone has tried to break it open but surely if they had they would have taken the batter as.that would have been their target.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
GrahamH When you connected up your hook lead was the hook up cable tight in the locker door .If so that is the cause. Where the cut out in the locker door is for the cable entry ours is not big enough for the cable . Answer make that opening a bit bigger . I had the same trouble so to be sure I went round all the lockers dismantled the locks one by one re greased them and reassembled. All ok now .
Regards Sir Roger

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Can't go back to the dealer anymore. Action ongoing over other matters far more serious...…. Patience is a virtue I struggle with...…..

TRENDING THREADS