The 60cm thigh

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
I speak as a 10stone, 5ft 5in woman - about average, but no lightweight, thigh size 50cm. Is this an obese charter? We can all stuff ourselves silly as, by doing so, we avoid heart disease?

I don't think so! My Mum, who had never in her life weighed more than 7.5 stone, recently died at 89. My father - a more solid man altogether - died at 72, following a long period of "heart problems".

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I saw that also Jo. What baffles me is what 12 years ago, the time it's taken to do the research, inspired someone to come up with the idea that fat thighs help to stop heart disease and it needs researching. Even more amazing is how did they persuade someone to fund those 12 years of research.

Do people with bulbous noses have less chance of strokes or are those who dance regularly have less chance of getting Parkinsons. Most of all why wasn't the job of measuring all those ladies thighs advertised?

I do find it amazing that 12 years ago someone came up with the large thigh notion.

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
The thing that gets me is that, every time some long-drawn out, expensive (and who pays?), oh here's a silly bit of stuff for someone to do to keep them occupied for a few months/years, research is published showing evidence of something good/bad for us, there is then a few months later another time-wasting piece of research showing the exact opposite! E.g. Wine is bad for you!! And then, a bit later....umm, no it's not actually, in moderation it's actually quite good for you!

Right, last moan for the day, I'm off on hols tomorrow, lol.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I wonder if measuring ladies thighs is good or bad for you? I imagine that it could lead to high blood pressure and impairment of vision.

Have a great time Sue, we're off for the weekend in about ten minutes time.

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
I wonder if measuring ladies thighs is good or bad for you? I imagine that it could lead to high blood pressure and impairment of vision.

Have a great time Sue, we're off for the weekend in about ten minutes time.
Thanks Steve, same to you. (Does herself know you have these hidden desires to measure ladies' thighs??? lol). xx

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Here's more research from Radboud University in the Netherlands.

When men are doing a memory test in a room full of pretty women they under achieve. The reason is that the male brain is programmed by evolution to bonk and procreate. The more women they fancied the lower their score.

Who pays for this research. I could have told them that and saved them some money.

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I hereby offer myself as being available for medical research.

I am available for measuring of thighs or any other part of the anatomy, and I am also available to be measured.

My only stipulation is that any measuring must be by a member of the opposite sex who must not play Rugby or hurl the discus.

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
Well, I'm a big bird, 5ft 8 and a half, my thighs are 62cm, I don't smoke, like a glass of wine, work hard, am happy with my lot and like a laugh but unfortunately my knockers weigh a tonne (collectively, not each). What does it matter as long as your hearts in the right place and you're not doing anybody any harm?

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
I saw that also Jo. What baffles me is what 12 years ago, the time it's taken to do the research, inspired someone to come up with the idea that fat thighs help to stop heart disease and it needs researching. Even more amazing is how did they persuade someone to fund those 12 years of research.

Do people with bulbous noses have less chance of strokes or are those who dance regularly have less chance of getting Parkinsons. Most of all why wasn't the job of measuring all those ladies thighs advertised?

I do find it amazing that 12 years ago someone came up with the large thigh notion.
Mohamed ali danced around the ring ,and he had parkinsons

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts