The AA

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
I had to call the AA out today ( well actually I didn`t NEED to, but for safety`s sake chose to). First time in over 20 years, and I had a blowout on the M62 on my way to a meeting.

I just managed to get onto the hard-shoulder at the end of the on-ramp, and decided to call them out to get a big, yellow, flashing-light adorned van to park behind me as the blind b*stards getting to the end of the slip-road seem to think the hard shoulder is really an acceleration lane!!!

Anyway, climbed over the barrier,made the call and they would be with me "as soon as possible". Yeah, right. Within a minute of ending the call, my phone went, it was the AA guy just confirming exactly where I was in relation to the slip-road. "Right, be with you in about 30 seconds!"

It actually took about 2 minutes, but still pretty good.

Bottom line is, within 20 minutes of making the initial call, I was on my way again.Pretty damn impressive, what?

Trouble is, their service can only get worse!

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
We were in Holland with our motorhome and a noise coming from the front wheel was getting to sound serious, so pulled in and attemted to take wheel off but jack would not lift vehicle high enough to remove wheel.Vehicle had AA recovery so rang them and line was so clear i asked them where they were which was in the UK,anyway they said rescue will be with us in about 30 min,sure enough a dutch equivelant pulled up and found a stone had got behind the wheel disc and we were away in minuets afterwards.Full praise to the AA .

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
We've had to call them 4 times in the last 6 months and have never had to wait more than 25 minutes. Their patrolment have all been very friendly and have tried to get us moving again as quickly as possible.

On one occasion, the AA man even came back to our home having left as he'd had another idea that might have solved our problem. Unfortunately, it didn't work and we had to take the car into the dealers the next day but we were certainly grateful that he'd taken the trouble to come back. Wouldn't be with anyone else for Recovery Services.

Claire & Rob

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thought I'd relate an incident that happened to me a few years ago. Driving solo on a Saturday morning about 10am leaving Cambridge for Poole on the M11 when I lost all power whilst in fast lane. Luckily I managed to get to the hard shoulder before coming to a halt. It was obvious that something serious in the camshaft belt area so called the RAC. They arrived fairly speedily and towed me of the motorway to a petrol station / Little Chef. They then spent about 1/2 hour arranging for a 3rd party recovery truck to recover the car to Poole. It arrived about 2 hours later. We then proceeded on our way at the maximum speed of 50mph that the truck was capable of only for it to break down on the M3. It took about 2 hours for a breakdown vehicle to arrive and they managed to fix the fault after an hour or so. We arrived in Poole about 10 hours after I set out. I felt a bit sorry for the driver having to return straight away. Everybody laughed about it when I told them and I can still remember sitting on the crash barrier of the M3 looking up at my car on the tow truck which had its cab fully forward with the engine exposed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts