Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tomorrow is the 6th day of the 6th. month of the year 06. Watch out the devil maybe about - Lord B. behave yourself as you are on a yellow card from another posting - hehehe. The Daily Mail has an article today regarding the date tomorrow and states that it may be a bad omen for the world. WHO KNOWS!!!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Daily Mail is one of the better tabloids - the cheap ones are for people who cannot read - they look at the pictures. I did try the Express when the Mail went up in price but could not get used to it.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
The Daily Mail is one of the better tabloids - the cheap ones are for people who cannot read - they look at the pictures. I did try the Express when the Mail went up in price but could not get used to it.
You must have bought the English version.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Mail is good read and whilst it has a bias - at least it is clear where that bias lies.

Other papers such as the Guardian cover events better but its bias tends to be at the other end of the spectrum to that of the Mail.

Interestingly the Financial bit on Wednesday and in the Mail on Sunday is the most widely read Financial Paper in the UK. Jeff Prestridge is an excellent Editor who also writes in the trade "pinks" that I read. He has a true knack of gettin to the guts of the issue.

The Government fear him! - He recently won an industry award for one of the most influential people in the UK financial "world". He won it (unheard of as a journalist who is not actually part of the industry - he just reports on it) on the basis that politicians have to ensure that they make what they do "Prestridge Proof" - i.e. if they get it wrong he goes for them.

After the debacle of the politician designed Stakeholder pensions, Equitable Life, Split Caps, and the ongoing

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
People who think the Mail is an upmarket read are off the mark !

The Mail has too much gossipy garbage for my taste.Edwina Currie and her daughter don't deserve any reporting space whatsoever, who cares about what Hugh Grant gets up to, or that Coleen bought Wayne an Aston Martin ( all last Saturdays issue)

I agree the financial bit is pretty informative within limits. It does tend to push the same topics for too long .

The paper is obsessed with animals ( even the financial pages have regular features about pet insurance )Last Saturday there was a whole page dedicated to the story, complete with picture diagram Colin, of an hamster that survived an industrial shredder ... er what ?

The most heinous crimes it commits,in my opinion, are its frequent attempts to stir up hysteria and panic buying.There was a cracker last November time when it warned on the frontpage headlines about bird flu and that the nation had failed to take steps to make alternative arrangements for Christmas dinner !

I do admit though that on Saturday, it has the best TV pages so I buy it then !

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The night was black was no use holding back

Cos I just had to see was someone watching me

In the mist dark figures move and twist

was all this for real or some kind of hell

666 the Number of the Beast

Hell and fire was spawned to be released

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hey, you lot have got me worried now! I drive lorry-mounted cranes (Hiabs) and I've got my three yearly test tomorrow! If I fail, it's all down to you!!!

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am staying indoors tomorrow, as in previous times such as when "The Omen" first came out, followed by the sequels, too many people kept asking if I had 666 on my head!!!

ps.I have NOT,its 999,or at least thats what it looks like in the mirror

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts