The Firs

Aug 23, 2006
Visit site
We're going to The Firs in the Peak District at Easter, has anybody any experience of walking, cycling in the area?

Also has anyone approached the site from the A610 into the top of Criche Lane rather than the Caravan Club route?

Coming from the A38 to A610 and down Criche Lane is a little longer route but looks better or down Newbridge Road off the A6.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Tom

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
we went to the firs last year nice site all very new walking and mountain biking not bad . stick to the caravan club approach as access is not the best as the site is on top of a hill the way they bring you in is a long way round but it avoids even steeper hills and narrow roads hope that helps

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Tom,

I lived in the area for many years quite a few years ago.I go back on a regular basis as the family farm, stables and livery are only a few miles away.

I would certainly stick to the caravan club route. Any other route could involve steep hills, narrow roads and farm vehicles.

It is a nice site. the Caravan Club have made a good job of developing it from a commercial site.

Crich Tramway Museum is well worth a visit. Morrison's supermarket is just down the A6 at Belper.The pub on the right as you turn off the A6 is worth a visit.

Hamer

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts