The new campers

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Just returned from week at Horsley, whilst fishing is my thing I could not help seeing the new generation campers passing by. Many years ago whilst abroad at evening time my wife and I had a giggle seeing many campers wandering around in dressing gowns. This week bearing in mind Horsley has not got a swimming pool where many people wear swimming costumes etc, there were some females in bikinis passing by. We do not go on holiday in August so do not know whether this is normal for this time of year. One thing noticed is there is more youngsters on site than what we have seen before so can only be a good sign for the future.

Reactions: JezzerB
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I don’t normally venture forth in July and August given the seasonal rushes. But I guess that they are just having to grin and bare it. Best you stick to watching your rod. 😱

• Haha
Reactions: Gagakev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Just returned from week at Horsley, whilst fishing is my thing I could not help seeing the new generation campers passing by. Many years ago whilst abroad at evening time my wife and I had a giggle seeing many campers wandering around in dressing gowns. This week bearing in mind Horsley has not got a swimming pool where many people wear swimming costumes etc, there were some females in bikinis passing by. We do not go on holiday in August so do not know whether this is normal for this time of year. One thing noticed is there is more youngsters on site than what we have seen before so can only be a good sign for the future.
Did you have a good time fishing

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thought that it would make a welcome change from the repeated legal helpline and rejecting caravans via CRA 2015 and when is a contract not a contract. 🤭

You could always take your own to a nice CL! And no problems with damp either.

View attachment 647
I think they have a very serious damp problem, and I'll bet its over the caravans MTPLM and its axle load limit Its way beyond the tow cars towed weight and GTW limits, and its towing with passengers in the trailer- Where's are the VOSA inspectors when you need them? :devilish:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I think they have a very serious damp problem, and I'll bet its over the caravans MTPLM and its axle load limit Its way beyond the tow cars towed weight and GTW limits, and its towing with passengers in the trailer- Where's are the VOSA inspectors when you need them? :devilish:
Prof they are measuring noseweight 😂😂

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well they,re doing it wrong, as the steadies are down!

They must have blocked all the fixed ventilation, but a bit of good news, the fridge must have been installed correctly, and the wall to floor joint is good, so it must be a roof joint that's leaking

Reactions: otherclive
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Thought that it would make a welcome change from the repeated legal helpline and rejecting caravans via CRA 2015 and when is a contract not a contract. 🤭

You could always take your own to a nice CL! And no problems with damp either.

View attachment 647
I'm only 5' 4" tall and being vertically challenged even I would bang my head in that van :giggle:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts