The Orchards,Isle Of Wight

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Hi everyone,

thinking about trying this site next year for main summer break as opposed to the ever increasing cost of the continent,

anyone got an opinion on this one?

Thanks in advance

Andy

Jan 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi Andy, We went to the Orchards with friends last year, the site is a lovely site, its on a steady slope with very nice views, each pitch has plenty of room, while we were there they were in the process of updating the shower block. there is a shop on site that sells almost anything that you may require, there is a chip shop/ pizza takeawayand cafe, there is also a heated swimming pool. the staff are very friendly and helpfull. If you are into walking/cycling then its perfect for that, the nearest shop off site is about 3 mile away, the local village club is not worth a visit, its like going back in time.We went in july and renamed it 'the isle of wet'. overall we had a great holiday on the 'isle of wet' but felt it was more suited to retired/elderly. BUT the site is lovely....... hope this helps..Graham.

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Hi Andy,

We spent 3 weeks at Whitefield Forest last summer and I can Highly recommend there, just off the main Ryde to Sandown road good access and excellent facilities, bus stop at the end of the drive

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Orchards is a really excellent site and the new facilities block is one of the best in the country. This park is situated towards the western side of the island (The Needles end)which tends to be much quieter than say Sandown and Shanklin areas. However it does have a good indoor pool as well as an outdoor pool which is great for families. The island is not that large so it is easy to travel anywhere.

The other site mentioned, Whitefield Forest is excellent with really good facilities also. Quite a bit different from the Orchards. The other goos site is the Caravan Club site at Sandown (Previously Southlands). These 3 sites are in my opinion the best 3 on the island. Hope this helps

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
We stayed at the Orchards in September , the pitch they gave us was right next to the entrance to the dog walk ,and we dont even own a dog ,the pitch was tight for our T/A ,we were shown to the pitch by a warden ,she pointed to the pitch ,then walked off , we didnt know where the toilets or water points were , we eventually found the electric hook up it was on the pitch next door almost covered by the hedge , the pools are nice ,the childrens playground up the top is under large apple tree's ,and if one the apples fell on a childs head i would think it would do some damage , the site itself looks like it needs some TLC ,i wouldnt bother going again ,i have been on better looking CL sites , but i suppose it depends what you want

BG

Jul 3, 2006
Visit site
We stayed at The Orchards in 2007 and would not go back very busy and tight vans back to back no way enough clearance - left early but each to their own i beliveve they have upgraded toilets etc. Still remains a blot on our caravanning history.

TRENDING THREADS